Desperation is starting to show

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

I was out on Saturday when I white taycan came blasting past me, I have to say it did look like a thing of beauty as it disappeared into the distance at a fast rate of knots.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Tidesurge3 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:57 pm I was out on Saturday when I white taycan came blasting past me, I have to say it did look like a thing of beauty as it disappeared into the distance at a fast rate of knots.
Travelling as fast as the depreciation :lol:
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

And when it turns into a service station to recharge being directed by Marshals because of the EV Charger rage that's currently the trend, you'll be flying past for another 150 miles :D
Macan S MY 2023
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Skyway wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:14 pm And when it turns into a service station to recharge being directed by Marshals because of the EV Charger rage that's currently the trend, you'll be flying past for another 150 miles :D
I can see that being a big issue

It’s annoying when somebody pushes in at a petrol station and you have to wait 5 mins let alone 45 mins
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

Got this last Friday:

“ As the ultimate expression of a Porsche electric sports car, the Taycan boasts striking proportions and timeless design for the perfect blend of performance and everyday usability. And right now, here at Porsche Centre Chester, it comes with something more – a £5,000 deposit contribution.*

Enjoy this significant contribution with finance packages on any new Taycan model purchased from us between now and 30 November 2023.”

It’s a shame EVs are such an all-round nightmare - the Taycan is an incredible drive and Porsche Chester have been fantastic with me too, letting me have a Turbo S for a couple of hours when they knew I’d just bought my Macan from them. I wish money was no object for me.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Blackhole128 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:09 am Got this last Friday:

“ As the ultimate expression of a Porsche electric sports car, the Taycan boasts striking proportions and timeless design for the perfect blend of performance and everyday usability. And right now, here at Porsche Centre Chester, it comes with something more – a £5,000 deposit contribution.*

Enjoy this significant contribution with finance packages on any new Taycan model purchased from us between now and 30 November 2023.”

It’s a shame EVs are such an all-round nightmare - the Taycan is an incredible drive and Porsche Chester have been fantastic with me too, letting me have a Turbo S for a couple of hours when they knew I’d just bought my Macan from them. I wish money was no object for me.
I think they’ll have to discount the cars by a lot more than £5,000 to sell them. 464 new Taycans in stock at the moment. I wonder what the leasing companies get these cars for right now.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:50 am
Blackhole128 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:09 am Got this last Friday:

I think they’ll have to discount the cars by a lot more than £5,000 to sell them. 464 new Taycans in stock at the moment. I wonder what the leasing companies get these cars for right now.
Drive the deal offering discounts between just under £9k to just under £19k for various Taycans.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
New User

Post by New User »

A cautionary tale from 6 years ago... I reasoned that the first owner had taken the full depreciation hit on an i8 after 9 months when it had dropped from £114k new to £75k after 3k miles use. I sold it just under a year later for £57k after putting just 1800 miles on it. When there is a glut of niche expensive cars that are on company leases based on generous tax breaks then as a private buyer you really need to tread carefully. The only sane approach for a private i8 was to buy new with the 0% finance deal that BMW had to offer to get the stock moving and have the comfort of the residual value guarantee.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Porsche finance is at 11.3% 🤪
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160