Desperation is starting to show

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

So, not long after I took delivery of my Macan, I get offered a day out in a Taycan with afternoon tea. Accepted, but wished it was a 911.

Had one or two emails to links to new Taycans which were ignored.

Got a call from my local OPC last week asking if I was looking to buy a new Taycan, as they had some fantastic offers on at the minute. Declined and said I'm not looking to swap as so close from Macan collection.

Just checked my emails from yesterday, and email from my local OPC again asking if I'm wanting to buy a new Taycan.

The desperation is starting to show. I guess a lot of the company car buyers have already been catered for so now relying on private sales, which just ain't happening.

Think I read somewhere that EV sales were down 11% last month. Then we get the ICE ban deadline pushed back till 2035.

The constant bombardment of fear starts to become wearing after a while, when most people just want a cheap reliable ICE car to drive to work and back.

Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

Yep been getting similar emails from my OPC desperation is only just starting, can you imagine if you bought one of the first ones with your own cash !! I would love to hear the PX valuation from OPC if you wanted out 😱😱
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Problem with all of this is that the Govt listen to the minority who say that this is what everyone wants and are chomping at the bit to get their hands on an EV. Why then when we talk to just about anyone no one has any desire for them unless through a tax advantaged company car scheme ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

SMMT regularly publish figures showing that EV sales are up on last month/year but don't distinguish between company and private sales, which gives a false impression on EV popularity.
Lies,damn lies and bloody statistics.
GWL

Post by GWL »

From an article in the Sunday Times last weekend:

The collapse in the value of used EVs has been greatest in the “premium” sector — which includes brands such as Tesla, BMW, Mini and Mercedes-Benz — where values have fallen by up to 24.1 per cent year-on-year. Average prices peaked at £51,704 in August last year before falling sharply to £39,268 in the past 12 months.

Umesh Samani, the chairman of the Independent Motor Dealers Association, which represents more than 1,000 traders, said many had “breathed a sigh of relief” at the delay (to 2035)
He said: “It has been so volatile, dealers have been very frightened of getting involved with EVs. Many of our members have been stuck with EVs on their forecourts that they cannot shift, even as they are falling by £2,000-£3,000 a month. That’s a phenomenal amount.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

GWL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:03 am From an article in the Sunday Times last weekend:

The collapse in the value of used EVs has been greatest in the “premium” sector — which includes brands such as Tesla, BMW, Mini and Mercedes-Benz — where values have fallen by up to 24.1 per cent year-on-year. Average prices peaked at £51,704 in August last year before falling sharply to £39,268 in the past 12 months.

Umesh Samani, the chairman of the Independent Motor Dealers Association, which represents more than 1,000 traders, said many had “breathed a sigh of relief” at the delay (to 2035)
He said: “It has been so volatile, dealers have been very frightened of getting involved with EVs. Many of our members have been stuck with EVs on their forecourts that they cannot shift, even as they are falling by £2,000-£3,000 a month. That’s a phenomenal amount.
Yeah, saw a video of a car auction, and the EV's were going round and round as no dealer wanted to bid on them.

If EV's are the answer, you wouldn't have to legislate to force them on people.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

And if rumours are correct Porsche prices will increase this Sunday which will make the Taycan even more expensive!! 😕
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

I'm looking forward to the time when the Taycan drops to the point where it's a viable to buy as a second "fun" car to go alongside the Macan. There should be some good low-mileage toys to choose from in a few years.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:44 am And if rumours are correct Porsche prices will increase this Sunday which will make the Taycan even more expensive!! 😕
I wonder if dealers are forced by Porsche to buy cars for stock. As my local OPC has posted on Linkedin today saying they have brand new Taycans in stock. Why order new ones if you can't shift the loss making second hand ones?

Also, I wonder if Porsche help dealers out if they then have to take back a leased car which is losing money every month. Don't the dealers actually buy the car's off Porsche to begin with? Not 100% sure how it works.

Can dealers afford to lose £XXX on every second hand Taycan?
Last edited by wab172uk on Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

wab172uk wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:18 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:44 am And if rumours are correct Porsche prices will increase this Sunday which will make the Taycan even more expensive!! 😕
I wonder if dealers are forced buy Porsche to buy cars for stock. As my local OPC has posted on Linkedin today saying they have brand new Taycans in stock. Why order new ones if you can't shift the loss making second hand ones?

Can dealers afford to lose £XXX on every second hand Taycan?
In these crazy times of showing green credentials I imagine dealerships are forced to take on a certain amount of Taycans to offset emissions from all their other cars. So when they do their green reports they can meet emission targets for their total sales. Not sure how that works when no one buys a Taycan though. When I got my car I had to wait nearly a year whereas if I’d wanted a Taycan it would have been a few weeks. I concluded that it had to be driven (no pun intended) by a green agenda.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )