Potential GTS Buyer.............. opinion on this car ??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

pmg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:18 pm
andywebber wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:47 pm
SmallWheels wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:13 am Here’s a different angle. Have you considered an S ? Now I’m biased but anyway, this one, although more expensive than the GTS seems to me to be better value. Gen 2, couple of years newer, much lower mileage and one owner. No, it’s not a GTS but does that matter when the underlying car is so good ?

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ned-7LQED6
I have just been to have a look at that car actually at Leicester OPC.

I thought that I would not particularly like the colour combo but in real life it looks very nice indeed! :)

The car is in good condition (F/N/S wheel needs a refurb) but is low on options, such as no Bose and no 14 way seats but a nice car and not too badly priced I guess - Maybe you could get a 1K or so off?

HTH
Andrew
And no PASM in extras or standard equipment listing at that time
Ah I never thought of that as I assumed PASM was standard equipment in 2019 - DOH.

It lists Porsche Stability Management (PSM) as standard but that is basically traction control is it not?

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

PASM not a 'need to have', nor is air...............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

bennachie wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:51 pm PASM not a 'need to have', nor is air...............
PASM is surely a must. Can’t imagine not having that. It makes a huge difference to the way the car drives.
Macan S MY 2023
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Disagree. Steel and standard dampers perfectly acceptable, even on 21's. It is not a limo.................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

It's not about acceptability. PASM gives you a dynamic capability to soften and stifen the suspension to 3 distinct degrees of 'stiffness'. This directly affects the cars ability to perform especially in corners.

I wouldn't pay £70K for a Porsche and then leave PASM out unless of course the performance doesn't matter to you.
Macan S MY 2023
gixermark

Post by gixermark »

SmallWheels wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:13 am Here’s a different angle. Have you considered an S ? Now I’m biased but anyway, this one, although more expensive than the GTS seems to me to be better value. Gen 2, couple of years newer, much lower mileage and one owner. No, it’s not a GTS but does that matter when the underlying car is so good ?

looks nice car.... defo dont want to spend that - but also want the 'theatre' of the noise you get with GTS too..

its made me re head melt all wk end back looking at RS6/C63 estate/X5Ms too.

Porsche aberdeen have a carmin red GTS just in... actually has an electric towbar which woudl save me putting one on, but the rest of the spec is fairly 'light'

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... =price_asc
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

That doesn’t have the pano roof which would be a deal breaker for me.
These dealers are just two faced. At trade in time they tell you a car with no pano roof is worth a lot less, then they sell cars like this for top dollar. They want it both ways.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

gixermark wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:25 am

looks nice car.... defo dont want to spend that - but also want the 'theatre' of the noise you get with GTS too..

Porsche aberdeen have a carmin red GTS just in... actually has an electric towbar which woudl save me putting one on, but the rest of the spec is fairly 'light'

Those are "library" photos and not of the actual car. If you are interested in it, do get them to send you photos and full spec description before you visit.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
gixermark

Post by gixermark »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:57 am
gixermark wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:25 am

Those are "library" photos and not of the actual car. If you are interested in it, do get them to send you photos and full spec description before you visit.
yup - totally get that steve... and as previously mentioned, the lack of pano roof is defo a negative.... the spec is actually really light.

in other news... have enquired about a gorgeous X5M in long beach blue which is a colour (and vehicle) i have always lusted after... so that may swing me as its got heated front and rear seats & steering wheel, pano roof, Harmen K sound, heads up display, surround camera, carbon interior etc...
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Good looking GTS at a reasonable price, my only proviso is four owners in 30k miles . I wouldn't touch it without an OPC warranty
Worth checking when , if ever it left the safety of Porsche warranty