No ICE Macan from Week 16 next year?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

PJV997 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am I am having doubts about placing an order for a new ICE Macan before production ceases. Such action only makes financial sense if I can continue to operate the vehicle as I do now and at roughly present costs. These doubts are from were society and legislation may be in five years' time especially after a likely change in Government.
I’ve seen many comments about ICE being priced out of existence.

But I haven’t seen any solution as to how those on lower incomes are going to afford petrol at £10 or £15 per gallon, or how they will be able afford to buy an electric car.

A political party that promotes policies that make the freedom of personal transportation unaffordable for millions doesn’t feel to me like a party that will win an election.
+1 :!:
Macan S MY 2023

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Skyway wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:04 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am I am having doubts about placing an order for a new ICE Macan before production ceases. Such action only makes financial sense if I can continue to operate the vehicle as I do now and at roughly present costs. These doubts are from were society and legislation may be in five years' time especially after a likely change in Government.

But I haven’t seen any solution as to how those on lower incomes are going to afford petrol at £10 or £15 per gallon, or how they will be able afford to buy an electric car.

A political party that promotes policies that make the freedom of personal transportation unaffordable for millions doesn’t feel to me like a party that will win an election.
Conspiracy theory time (but actual facts)

No one (apart from the rich & elite) will be allowed to own a car. To get from A-B you will book an Uber (they want them Autonomous) to get to and from your destination. Those with EV's will also be controlled by when they are allowed to be charged, and where they are allowed to be charged. Going too far will mean they can switch your car off. Everything to be linked to your personal carbon credit score, which will be linked to your digital ID and digital currency.
Also, if you speed or are deemed a bad driver, your insurance premium will instantly be increased and taken immediately out of you bank account. Speeding fines the same. And all possible thanks to 5G. But you can download movies quicker, so swings and roundabouts.

People with older cars will simple by priced off the road by fuel duty and lack of available insurance. And most people will happily obey as it's all in the name of Climate change. Even though the date they are referring everything to, was a date where temperatures were at a all time low. But best ignore facts like that.

Sounds bizarre doesn't it? But it's all part of the WEF grand `New World Order` plan that 147 countries have all signed up for. Apparently an insurance insider has confirmed the insurance part.

They have written papers on it all and even produced videos on it all. But luckily we don't need to read or watch any of that because, as we know, if it was true the BBC would be telling us.

Smartt chargers, smart meters, smart phones, etc have one thing in common. They are all digital and can be controlled remotely.

Now awaits the barrage of abuse from people who's only source of research comes from watching the news.
Vix

Post by Vix »

Sounds about right!
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - On order http://www.porsche-code.com/PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

The thing about “conspiracy theorists” is that they are extremely gullible and easily led. They tend to take alternative “facts” as gospel but of course these “facts” are only available outside of mainstream media (in all its forms).
Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it doesn’t become dangerous to others such as MMR etc, however I find it best to simply nod and smile 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

WAB seems to have set out a further excellent reason for retaining a relatively dumb ICE Macan over shelling out more cash on a sparkly new EV version..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:57 pm ..... I find it best to simply nod and smile 😊
+1

We only do four things in life ( three if we're unlucky ) everything else is froth.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:31 pm

No one (apart from the rich & elite) will be allowed to own a car. To get from A-B you will book an Uber (they want them Autonomous) to get to and from your destination. Those with EV's will also be controlled by when they are allowed to be charged, and where they are allowed to be charged. Going too far will mean they can switch your car off. Everything to be linked to your personal carbon credit score, which will be linked to your digital ID and digital currency.
Also, if you speed or are deemed a bad driver, your insurance premium will instantly be increased and taken immediately out of you bank account. Speeding fines the same. And all possible thanks to 5G. But you can download movies quicker, so swings and roundabouts.

People with older cars will simple by priced off the road by fuel duty and lack of available insurance. And most people will happily obey as it's all in the name of Climate change. Even though the date they are referring everything to, was a date where temperatures were at a all time low. But best ignore facts like that.

Sounds bizarre doesn't it? But it's all part of the WEF grand `New World Order` plan that 147 countries have all signed up for. Apparently an insurance insider has confirmed the insurance part.

They have written papers on it all and even produced videos on it all. But luckily we don't need to read or watch any of that because, as we know, if it was true the BBC would be telling us.

Smartt chargers, smart meters, smart phones, etc have one thing in common. They are all digital and can be controlled remotely.

Now awaits the barrage of abuse from people who's only source of research comes from watching the news.
I can see some of your predictions for the future becoming reality, but only in the longer term future when I will be pushing up daisies.

However, as a child of the sixties, I hope to be around to witness the seismic changes in the car market that are coming in the next 10 to 20 years.

What I don’t expect to see in that timeframe is a position where just the super rich elite are the only ones to be able to have a car. As I implied in my prior post, I don’t even see a position where we are priced out of our ICE cars in the next 10 years or so because the lower income groups will be disproportionately penalised.

Looking more widely across the globe, there are major economies/populations that are not signed up yet to a ban on ICE cars (USA, China, India, etc.). Against that backdrop, I don’t see the UK electorate accepting a position where they are unfairly disadvantaged vs other countries.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:57 pm The thing about “conspiracy theorists” is that they are extremely gullible and easily led. They tend to take alternative “facts” as gospel but of course these “facts” are only available outside of mainstream media (in all its forms).
Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it doesn’t become dangerous to others such as MMR etc, however I find it best to simply nod and smile 😊
Well, you better write a strong worded letter to the WEF who have printed everything I have typed. I hope you call them tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.

The problem we have in society today is people who have not read or watched anything other than the MSM, telling those people who have read and watched videos from the WEF, that they are conspiracy theorists, without realising all those mad conspiracy theorist are doing is telling people about published facts.

Conspiracy theorists easily lead? Yet believing everything the MSM tell you. OK! Some irony there I think. Then when those conspiracy theories become true, those same people who were quick to ridicule will ask why no one warned them.

Try doing just a little bit of research and you might, just might, see things a little differently.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

PJV997 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:22 pm
wab172uk wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:31 pm

I can see some of your predictions for the future becoming reality, but only in the longer term future when I will be pushing up daisies.

However, as a child of the sixties, I hope to be around to witness the seismic changes in the car market that are coming in the next 10 to 20 years.

What I don’t expect to see in that timeframe is a position where just the super rich elite are the only ones to be able to have a car. As I implied in my prior post, I don’t even see a position where we are priced out of our ICE cars in the next 10 years or so because the lower income groups will be disproportionately penalised.

Looking more widely across the globe, there are major economies/populations that are not signed up yet to a ban on ICE cars (USA, China, India, etc.). Against that backdrop, I don’t see the UK electorate accepting a position where they are unfairly disadvantaged vs other countries.
The problem is, they are not my predictions. They are published documents that 147 countries around the world are signed up to.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Sadly the UK and Europe's governments will be happy to see us living in cave with no heat or light in the name of 'the climate emergency' whilst the US, China, Brazil, India et al continue to carry on the way they are going.............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'