Steering wheel lock for macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Hi Folks

Had a look on the forum and couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Given the risk of theft I’ve decided to get a steering wheel lock (as a deterrent), appreciate these can be cut off by a experienced thief, but the right one helps reduce the chances the way I see it.

Research I’ve done seems to have narrowed it down to 2 choices:

1. stoplock pro elite’ or
2. ‘disklok’

Anyone here using either of these on their macan?

Have you noticed if it damages the steering wheel leather?

Any other steering wheel locks used out there on a macan that you’d recommend?

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Unless you live in a dodgy area the Macan isn’t commonly stolen like Range Rovers are.
Macan S MY 2023
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:24 pm Unless you live in a dodgy area the Macan isn’t commonly stolen like Range Rovers are.
True, there have been lots of Range Rover car thefts where I stay so I’m playing it safe
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Evenings gents,

I use a stop lock pro on my car. I also use a protective cover on my steering-wheel, so it leaves no marks.
It always acts as an extra delay/deterrent.
My street in Kensington has cctv throughout and a private security guard. Still all cars : 992s,macans, rovers, bentleys or AM DBx all use the stop lock pro.
Even though i know they can drill into the lock under 3 mins, I have been using it for 2 years. Last year on queens jubilee , morning, they attempted to steal my car and failed ( smashed window) and damage marks on the wheel lock. They took my dash cam and ran.

Cheers! :)
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
Simon9999

Post by Simon9999 »

Yep, I’m using one of these as a deterrent: https://www.milenco.com/products/automo ... wheel-lock
High quality item. No marks on my steering wheel.
Simon

Macan S - June 2023 build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PR5NCS10
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Monaco2323 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 pm Evenings gents,

I use a stop lock pro on my car. I also use a protective cover on my steering-wheel, so it leaves no marks.
My street in Kensington has cctv throughout and a private security guard. Still all cars : 992s,macans, rovers, bentleys or AM DBx all use the stop lock pro.
Even though i know they can drill into the lock under 3 mins, I have been using it for 2 years. Last year on queens jubilee , morning, they attempted to steal my car and failed ( smashed window) and damage marks on the wheel lock. They took my dash cam and ran.

Thanks, what wheel cover are you using?

I used to live in Kensington (west and south) for many years, nice area but always a target for thieves
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Simon9999 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:23 am Yep, I’m using one of these as a deterrent: https://www.milenco.com/products/automo ... wheel-lock
High quality item. No marks on my steering wheel.
Thanks, I can across this on too and was third on my list
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Disklock anything else is a hacksaw away from removal if they really want the car...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Have a disklok and a cover for wheel itself, not noticed any damage myself and like the idea of having it as a deterrent
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:48 am
Monaco2323 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 pm Evenings gents,

Thanks, what wheel cover are you using?

I used to live in Kensington (west and south) for many years, nice area but always a target for thieves
I bought this steering wheel cover in ‘21, still using it everyday and no damages. As I use the elite stop lock, I make sure no metal or yellow/black plastic parts touch the wheel.

Link:

Indeed its a lovely area! Im in Knightsbridge, though in my street my car was the last one they attempted to steal. The newly added cctv and that near everybody with “nice” cars has visibly added stop lock elites in the last 2 years, has decreased the theft.

Hope ur car stays safe!
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT