Joining the club

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

+1 for 14-way seats. I have them in my Cayman 981 and in the new (to us) Gen 2 Macan S (2019, £49k, 22k miles, from OPC).

We tried air and standard PASM and preferred PASM only. Try both for yourself.

I didn't like the Gen 3 glass centre console and haptic buttons, probably as I'm used to 'real' buttons as in my Cayman. Your choice, and with £65k you could get into a Gen 3 car so as to get the last of the ICE Macans.

Pano roof drains checked at service intervals and if they need unblocking there is a charge. But this mainly occurs if the car is left under trees etc with debris falling onto the roof. You can routinely check they're clear yourself - do a Google for how.

One thing surprised me on our S... even with 20 options selected it still didn't come with vanity mirror lights! That's the fun of used Porsche buying, you may not know what you won't be getting until you drive it home, even if you've had a Porsche before.

But it's a great drive. Had ours three days and, just like my Cayman, it's putting a smile on our faces. Dogs are happy too, apart from the high boot sill!

PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Macantheplan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:16 pm Dear All,

Thank you for all the feedback. To answer some of the questions:

1. I have set a budget of up to £65k given that this is my first foray into a Macan. I presume this budget gets me into a Gen 1/Gen 2 car?
2. I have owned a 996 C4S in the past, a fabulous car and my wife drives a Boxter GTS 4.0. I am in the process of selling a Lamborghini which I found very uncomfortable on long journeys,
3. My wife and I want to do some long journeys into Europe, so a Grand Tourer concept is what I am looking for but with the ability to switch into a sports mode,
4. I also have two small Spaniels to think of, so I see the Macan as an all purpose vehicle,
5. Two of the issues I have come across in reviews include leaks in cars with panoramic roofs which cause subsequent electrical faults and oil leaks from the timing case seal? I have no idea how common these are or whether the issue disappeared in Gen 2 models,
6. I will buy from a Porsche dealer for sure.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Very helpful!
We also have a BGTS 4.0 👍

IMG_2659.jpeg

And our current 6 week Euro trip in the Macan was partly a result of the need to take……

IMG_0477.jpeg

I’ve never been lucky enough to own a real super car, but I have had a 911 and my main daily for most of the last 10 years has been an M5 and M6 so I am familiar with high performance cars. But my Gen 1 Turbo Macan has really got under the skin.

I think many on here will say the Gen 2 interior is the sweet spot and at £65K you should have a good choice of either Turbo or GTS. Gen 3’s are also probably in budget.

Just had confirm from my OPC this afternoon that my new GTS will be ready to collect on Friday afternoon, pictures will be up on the weekend 😎
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Not sure which I love more, the car or the dog! 😍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“Pano roof leaks only happen because the owner fails to ensure the drains are kept clear. It is no simple task as the discharge locations are hidden from view”

Incorrect! They also happen because the pano roof cassette that sits in the aperture is not seated and/or sealed correctly. Of course the standard response to any leaks that are presented to the OPC is “you must park under trees…… drains are blocked ….. yada yada…….” Whilst I am sure that is an issue for some it is not the sole issue. Make sure carpets are dry and that there is no evidence of water in the battery compartment. Also check for water marks on the A pillars and down into the footwell…… especially close to the fuse box on the driver’s side……
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I’ve had a few macans, one from each generation. Never had an issue with the pano roof on any of them.

You have a large budget so I’d go into a gen 3 personally as it’s latest model or a highly specced gen turbo or GTS if you really want a top spec one.

If GTS the. 8 way seats are great, I’ve had 18 way and never used the other 10 adjustments so now I go with 8 way - very comfortable seats. Though it does depend on if you need the additional auto squab adjustments the 18 way offer (i don’t) and/or if you have back pain - then it might be worth upgrading to 14 or 18 way on a GTS. If not then not worth the ££.

If you’re getting any other spec though (s or turbo) I’d defo upgrade to 18 way but some prefer 14, as the standard 8 way on those isnt for everyone.

You can pick up a gen 3 GTS for 73k on autotrader (used around 10k miles), just to give you an idea of what a top of the range macan could cost.

For your budget though a gen 3 S is the way to go I’d suggest, lots available with good spec under £65k and it’s the same power output as a gen 2 GTS.