New Macan S for delivery next month - Any takers?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MickyS

Post by MickyS »

Thanks Guys for your understanding and support. I got my timing wrong but was not willing to walk away from purchase contract as a matter of honour. Some may think i am stupid.
Just on the Motorway issue, they insisted on a Reserve of £51k yes £51k and would not move on this, but said I was not obliged to sell. So i went with it just to see. Best bid on a list price car of £66.6k was £57.5k. I refused of course. I sold to a well known performance car dealer just outside Harrogate who were very easy to deal with polite, picked up car within 24hrs. Motorway called me to ask why I was not going ahead, having refused to talk to me before the sale. I told them that their model was broken for higher end cars, but they argued and said it was 'my opinion'! i said it was not, it was fact that I secured myself a figure £5k above their best bid.

carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

As this was a new car i,m surprised Porsche did not offer a reasonable buyback price are they that greedy? Probably.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Looks like it’s now near me for £68750, good luck with that price but then there’s still plenty of cash in the Cotswolds, figure independents look for around £5k final mark up which I actually wouldn’t disagree with, although makes those recent high spec S sales a good find.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6