New Macan S for delivery next month - Any takers?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Sounds like the OP was hoping to make a profit but that ship has sailed.

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

robbie wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:55 pm A long shot - To try and avoid the 2nd owner problem, if (I know its a big IF} anyone on here wants to buy this 'S' then the OP could maybe agree with his OPC that 'they' buy the car direct instead of him, the new owner then agrees to pay him his deposit back as part of the overall transaction and he becomes the first owner. The problem is going to be finding someone who wants this very low spec version BUT at least the new buyer gets a brand new 'S' a tad quicker than raising a new order. Not sure if the OPC would allow this but just a thought !!
Yes, that would be the best outcome for the OP.

As for the contract. I think the OPC would need to think the spec was impossible to sell for them to start legal proceedings. As 2japs mentioned, a persons circumstances can change the means they can't physically go ahead with the deal.

While the spec isn't great, it's not some overpriced spec and a PTS colour that is very marmite. I don't think they would have much trouble selling it on. Some options can be retrofitted anyways.
MickyS

Post by MickyS »

Thanks for all your thoughts, comments and advice.
One thing that sticks out is that there is a general presumption that the spec is too light. Yes for many people that might be true but on the other hand, it keeps the price down thereby appealing to a wider audience. Some people do not need all the toys and would prefer to secure a Macan at a lower price!
Anyway, it is highly unlikely I will walk away from the contract, firstly it is signed and therefore to be honoured. Secondly, i have a good feeling that there is someone out there that would be very happy to acquire this vehicle. Thirdly, bearing in mind there are many dealers out there advertising 'new' Macans well above list, this does not seem to be a lost cause.
As this has been a busy post and created a bit of interest. I will endeavour to fill you all in with the end of the story...............
2japs

Post by 2japs »

MickyS wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 pm Thanks for all your thoughts, comments and advice.
One thing that sticks out is that there is a general presumption that the spec is too light. Yes for many people that might be true but on the other hand, it keeps the price down thereby appealing to a wider audience. Some people do not need all the toys and would prefer to secure a Macan at a lower price!
Anyway, it is highly unlikely I will walk away from the contract, firstly it is signed and therefore to be honoured. Secondly, i have a good feeling that there is someone out there that would be very happy to acquire this vehicle. Thirdly, bearing in mind there are many dealers out there advertising 'new' Macans well above list, this does not seem to be a lost cause.
As this has been a busy post and created a bit of interest. I will endeavour to fill you all in with the end of the story...............
Wish you the best, let us know how you get on.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

The car will absolutely sell, it’s a good spec

It’s a S model, great great car
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MickyS wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 pm Thanks for all your thoughts, comments and advice.

I must admit that I agree with your point of view on ‘a lighter spec’. All three Porsches that I bought new were ordered by me with what many would consider to be ‘light specs’, but they were all right for me. I am not overly bothered by what some on here consider to be ‘must haves’. Plus, in my mind, the pre-optioned car, of whichever model, represents best value for money, as it strikes me that it’s the options where Porsche really load on their profit margin.

GLWS. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Agree 100% re lighter specs. If I was doing a Macan again I would pare it down significantly from before. I only wanted three options on the 992 but it has a few others which are pointless- the carbon interior package is a waste of £1.4K as standard looks better!

As I said before, OP’s car is a great colour with leather memory seats with Bose thrown in - if I was in the market I would definitely consider this car, albeit NOT over list 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

MCDK wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:09 pm Sounds like the OP was hoping to make a profit but that ship has sailed.
Totally agree!
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

MickyS - It would be interesting for you to tell us what the OPC's view on all this is. You don't appear to have even considered this option and only mention other new Macan's, available for immediate delivery, being sold at "above" list. In which case the OPC will be more than happy to sell your car to someone else and will have no gain in pursuing you legally to purchase the car. Look forward to your update as yes, your post has intrigued many members on here.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Question.
Are you just looking to get out of the transaction with little or no loss or are you looking to flip the car for a quick profit. I’m not sure what your motive is.