New battery quotation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Yes. Used c.tek.as u say one of those things. Battery has been iffy for last 12 months.so thought now better safe than sorry. Have had 14 mew cars over the years. Never and battery problem.s .or things like sun roof leaks.new fron discs and pads during lockdown.due to lack of use.rear wiper fiasco. Etc etc.loge the car but little niggles really take the shine of owning my 2019macan s.waiting for next niggle. 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

biggeordie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:00 pm Yes. Used c.tek.as u say one of those things. Battery has been iffy for last 12 months.so thought now better safe than sorry. Have had 14 mew cars over the years. Never and battery problem.s .or things like sun roof leaks.new fron discs and pads during lockdown.due to lack of use.rear wiper fiasco. Etc etc.loge the car but little niggles really take the shine of owning my 2019macan s.waiting for next niggle. 🙈🙈🙈🙈
New discs and pads due to lack of use! Not heard that one before. There must be 1000's of Porsches that hardly get driven. Not even done 3000 miles in my own yet.
Macan S MY 2023
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

My milage was 5726 2 yrs old. Discs etc recommeded due to heavy corrosion on inside edges of discs causing a shudder. Quality parts. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:15 pm
biggeordie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:00 pm Yes. Used c.tek.as u say one of those things. Battery has been iffy for last 12 months.so thought now better safe than sorry. Have had 14 mew cars over the years. Never and battery problem.s .or things like sun roof leaks.new fron discs and pads during lockdown.due to lack of use.rear wiper fiasco. Etc etc.loge the car but little niggles really take the shine of owning my 2019macan s.waiting for next niggle. 🙈🙈🙈🙈
New discs and pads due to lack of use! Not heard that one before. There must be 1000's of Porsches that hardly get driven. Not even done 3000 miles in my own yet.
Wow Skyway, that’s a lot of cash tied up in something you just look at! 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

😂 At this stage it’s a keeper and am suspecting my last ICE.

We’ll see.

All the time I have my ultra cheap to run Merc as a business daily it doesn’t make sense to sit in traffic in the Macan so I keep that for all my fun/personal travel.

Probably an extravagance but one that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. That’s priceless to me 😁
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:56 pm 😂 At this stage it’s a keeper and am suspecting my last ICE.

We’ll see.

All the time I have my ultra cheap to run Merc as a business daily it doesn’t make sense to sit in traffic in the Macan so I keep that for all my fun/personal travel.

Probably an extravagance but one that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. That’s priceless to me 😁
I do same with my C2 - so far, 4K miles in 4 months 😶
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:01 pm
Skyway wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:56 pm 😂 At this stage it’s a keeper and am suspecting my last ICE.

We’ll see.

I do same with my C2 - so far, 4K miles in 4 months 😶
I just don't have as much time as I'd like whilst still working but hope to get out in it more in the next year, but hey, that's life. There are also very few roads down here that make owning a 'drivers' car worthwhile, but the options are just too boring for me to consider :D

P.S. I would add that I have also been out of the country to what equates to 2 months this year.
Macan S MY 2023
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

biggeordie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:22 pm My milage was 5726 2 yrs old. Discs etc recommeded due to heavy corrosion on inside edges of discs causing a shudder. Quality parts. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
This was a big issue with Boxsters/caymans, if you put the car away (garaged maybe) wet the inside of the discs used to rot away!
Most Boxster owners I know either purchased a ‘blower’ to dry the discs prior to putting it away after a wash or drive round the block & dry them off.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I've always gone round the block to dry my discs in the 981. Then garaged.

On 65k miles, original discs, and pads. Front discs/pads will need changing soon surely? Waiting for the sensor to tell me.

The Macan had brand new discs/pads fitted just before we bought it from the OPC last month. I wonder if they'll last so long... hmmm...
rajmedara

Post by rajmedara »

I was quoted £649.29 for battery replacement for my Macan from Silverstone. Looks like price increased this year?