Software update 2017 SD

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ridah1

Post by Ridah1 »

Hi All

2017SD looking to activate CarPlay and therefore will update the software from current 2016/17 version I have been told.

Can one expect issues once the software is update?

I have heard of Bose issues, stop start kicking in even in sport mode etc

Also, when one resets the unit to factory settings what exactly are the factory settings?

Thanks in advance!
2017 SD in white
21 inch Sport alloys

Deleted User 1489

Post by Deleted User 1489 »

My Macan SD is March 2017 and my trusted indie (Bahnsport) told me you can’t update the PCM software if CarPlay wasn’t optioned in the original build. Would be interested to see what other responses you get.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SteveTTT wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:43 pm My Macan SD is March 2017 and my trusted indie (Bahnsport) told me you can’t update the PCM software if CarPlay wasn’t optioned in the original build. Would be interested to see what other responses you get.
Total BS, I would not trust that guy.

Has your Indy not heard of the Porsche Tequipment website?

Sounds like you have not either, but you do know now!

Car Play can be retrofitted to your Macan at an OPC for £356 and it is Part number: 95B04490007.

https://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pa ... 670036F269
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

An Audio tech guy, would be the one to discuss it with.
But what’s needed is an interface piece of hardware, to get car play if not fitted from new.
There are plenty of fitters that can do it. A well known search engine will steer you there.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just looked

All this is Moot as the Op has not been registered as looking at the forum for TWO months.

Suggest we park the thread!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just surprised the OP got no reply from Nov last year.
I never looked, should’ve gone to you know who.🤣🤣
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

You can read the posts without logging in and it won't update your last access date.

Perhaps he's been looking every day and is disappointed at the lack of response.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I don’t remember seeing the post.

They have the answer, PORSCHE TEQUIPMENT
Col
Macan Turbo
Deleted User 1489

Post by Deleted User 1489 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:05 pm
SteveTTT wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:43 pm My Macan SD is March 2017 and my trusted indie (Bahnsport) told me you can’t update the PCM software if CarPlay wasn’t optioned in the original build. Would be interested to see what other responses you get.
Total BS, I would not trust that guy.

Has your Indy not heard of the Porsche Tequipment website?

Sounds like you have not either, but you do know now!

Car Play can be retrofitted to your Macan at an OPC for £356 and it is Part number: 95B04490007.

https://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pa ... 670036F269

Thanks for that. I have a rusty memory, it wasn’t the Macan I was referring to, it was my 991.1. My bad! I just checked Tequipment and there isn’t an official 991.1 CarPlay upgrade. Just as well, as Bahnsport are really top guys and have never let me down. And yes I do know you can get aftermarket software hacks via laptop or SD card, before anyone else puts me right!😉