Stop/start when slowing and stopping...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

In my 981 Cayman the engine cuts out AFTER the car has come to a rest, as you'd expect.

In the 'new' to us Macan S 2019, when coming slowly to a junction, traffic lights, roundabout, parking head on in a car park, the engine cuts out when still travelling forward very slowly, when we haven't quite decided we've come to a final halt.

I take it there is a fauty sensor somewhere, perhaps on a part which rotates? It's done this half a dozen times in three weeks, three of those feeling like the gearbox has jumped out of drive, or the car's hit something! A bit disconcerting.

Any one else had this issue, and had it fixed?

Car's under warranty, going in Monday for heated rear window fix so I'll mention it to the OPC.

Thanks for any info.

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Many of you have read this and not commented?

You could at least say, "no, that's never happened to me" or "yes, that's quite normal" (the OPC mantra).

Thanks all.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

DJMCUK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:05 pm Many of you have read this and not commented?

You could at least say, "no, that's never happened to me" or "yes, that's quite normal" (the OPC mantra).

Thanks all.
Apologies for not commenting DMJCUK.
I think it might be a precursor to a catastrophic failure. Or not.
Hope that helps 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

DJMCUK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:05 pm Many of you have read this and not commented?

Thanks all.
I have never directly noticed it but i could not rule it out, I wondered whether coasting comes into it somewhere
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Thanks all.
FYI most of the reads are from people who haven't logged in so are unable to comment.

It may have happened to me but I've never noticed it.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Isn’t this just the auto stop/start working? What happens if you turn this function off manually?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
2japs

Post by 2japs »

AllanG wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:29 pm Isn’t this just the auto stop/start working? What happens if you turn this function off manually?

Yip, mine does it literally a couple of yards of say stopping at lights and it’s deffo the stop stat function.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Doesn’t sound right. My car doesn’t do it. Might be only brief but you’ll lose power steering when the engine shuts off too early
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

Yep. Mine does it. Previous car did it. Don’t see it as an issue.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)
andreas

Post by andreas »

I think mine has to actually stop moving before the engine turns off. If you have a warranty, get it checked. If not, live with it.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)