Stop/start when slowing and stopping...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I turn mine off as part of my start up routine but if you have Sports Chrono you can also program a 'Normal' mode with Auto Stop/Start set to OFF using the Individual setting that SC provides.
Macan S MY 2023

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

In a new base Macan loan car this morning while the OPC attend to some niggles, including this premature engine off.

The loan car works correctly, only switching the engine off after a complete stop.

Fearful the OPC will still use "they all do that sir" but hopefully someone will know what's supposed to happen and fix it.

BTW, the base car I would describe as a dull Porsche.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

The OPC have looked at the "fault" (they still have the car) and told my wife it's normal (the "they all do that sir" close, as anticipated) and that they have "the print out on the car from Porsche GB to prove it."

I've spoken to one of the guys at PGB who doesn't think it's normal and will speak to the OPC, and ask about the "print out." He agrees that the driver should not lose power to steering and brakes before the car has come to a complete stop.

I did suggest, as half a dozen here think it's normal for the engine to cut out before stopping and half a dozen don't, that perhaps it's an issue which hasn't been widely reported as an owner/driver wouldn't really know what it's supposed to do unless they've previously driven a Porsche which acts correctly.
He concurred.

He's phoning the OPC to speak with the service adviser my wife spoke with earlier.

Oh... and the OPC adviser also told my wife the HRW is fine, she tested it this morning and could "feel the heat coming off it."
When we used it, four or five of the r/h elements in the rear screen had slightly cleared glass around them by the time the HRW switched itself off. The majority of the rear window was still misted up.

My wife has asked for the DP to call her. 30 days are up Tuesday.
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

My 2020 S doesn’t behave like this. The start/stop on mine is very fussy about battery condition and only works when the battery has been fully charged after the car has stood – could be 2 or 3 weeks without using it.

If I bring the car to a halt using a light touch on the brake or crawl along very slowly with light brake touch it doesn’t stop the engine, only when I press more firmly. As already said, stabbing the brakes activates the hold function which is great when stopped in a queue.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I think the brake stabbing hold was a different car.
As far as I'm aware HOLD only illuminates when on a sufficient incline? That's certainly the case on my 981.

One other thing... I forgot to mention that some of the premature engine offs when coming sliwly to a stop have been accompanied by a clunk, making both myself and my wife think we'd hit something. We hadn't.
Perhaps the transmission decoupling?
OPC continue to investigate.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

The HOLD function operates on any road inclination, i.e. flat, incline or downhill.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

AllanG wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:47 pm The HOLD function operates on any road inclination, i.e. flat, incline or downhill.
Yep agree. Automatic engagement on an incline. Firm push of the brake pedal needed on the flat.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Interesting. That'll be the same as my 2012 E-Class... firm push to hold. Will try it tomorrow (in the loan Macan).
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

DJMCUK wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:55 pm Interesting. That'll be the same as my 2012 E-Class... firm push to hold. Will try it tomorrow (in the loan Macan).
The Hold function is fussy about what triggers it – in mine anyway. A firm push would not work if it was done slowly. It has to be a quick stab on the pedal.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I always do 2 stabs and that seems to work consistently, probably because the second is a back up the first not taking :D
Macan S MY 2023