2023 Macan base model - first impressions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

DJMCUK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:24 pm
Skyway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:10 pm
sd1985 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:28 am

when I specced an S with exactly all of those things I wanted that are standard on a GTS I got to more than the £71k the base GTS costs. Came to £74.9k to be exact. Hence my point around better just getting a GTS at that point as the differences with all those additionals are not marginal for me.

I simply wouldn’t buy a macan at that price point without these things, whether they are cosmetic or not.
But I also have things not in your list like ACC, 14 way seats ( don’t like the Sports ones), body coloured rear spoiler, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, Bose and some more I can’t remember. All came in less than a GTS.
What you've done is created your own pizza S by taking the basic one and adding the toppings you like.

Our S also has the things we like, 14-ways, BOSE, coloured side blades, pepperoni, green peppers, and came in at right around £70k retail when new.

A GTS is more like a shop bought pizza with pineapple and olives which you resent having paid for as you'll never eat them.
Lol not sure I agree with that one either. I loved all the spec on my GTS, all the additional bits you get and then I added other things I liked as well that are not on any base macan to make it unique to me.

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

GTS is more like beef wellington, and the S is a fancy sausage roll from Waitrose! :lol:
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would go for a GTS anyday.

With my own Must Haves the Confuserator comes in just under £80k.

The only standard GTS fitment that I would not be bothered with would be the PSE
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

For me, the difference between my spec S and a GTS with the same additional options, is +£3.5k for the GTS, and as I don’t want the stiffer GTS suspension, nor the front grill, I’m happy to stick with my S 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:14 pm GTS is more like beef wellington, and the S is a fancy sausage roll from Waitrose! :lol:

Due to both having the 2.9 engine and the GTS having a little bit more spice, I would say they are both Fillet steak and the GTS has a side order of peppercorn sauce 😊
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:14 pm GTS is more like beef wellington, and the S is a fancy sausage roll from Waitrose! :lol:
With all that unnecessary extra GTS kit I guess there's not mush room inside?

...have I gone too far?
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

This thread makes a nice change from Macan S v Macan T

My budget would only stretch to an optioned to my liking Macan "T" , I actually bought a 4 month old "S" which had the options I wanted plus a few more for the price of the "T".
Having owned the "S" for six months , if my long lost uncle left me £50k , would I swop it for a GTS, not very likely ,although I would be tempted to get a "new" S plus or minus a few of the options on my current car.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

DJMCUK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm

...have I gone too far?
Not at all I love it
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
2japs

Post by 2japs »

...have I gone too far?
The GTS is a great car but imo it doesn’t run onion rings around the S
I’ll get my coat 🧥
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

2japs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:40 pm

...have I gone too far?
The GTS is a great car but imo it doesn’t run onion rings around the S
I’ll get my coat 🧥
I reckon the Macan Turbot was a better drive than the GTS.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479