2023 Macan base model - first impressions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Personally the 21 inch wheels put me off the current GTS especially when combined with stiffer air suspension. I consider S air in sports plus suspension setting to be as stiff as I want the suspension on UK roads and with the S with air I end up with softer options for when I want comfort. I prefer the Gen 3 S looks to Gen 3 GTS and do not want sports exhaust or the coated brake discs. For my preferred S spec at £73k I could get a very base GTS but It would be missing some convenience options I use a lot.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:46 pm
2japs wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:40 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm

With all that unnecessary extra GTS kit I guess there's not mush room inside?

...have I gone too far?
The GTS is a great car but imo it doesn’t run onion rings around the S
I’ll get my coat 🧥
I reckon the Macan Turbot was a better drive than the GTS.
Bit of a red herring is that 🙈
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

pmg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:57 pm Personally the 21 inch wheels put me off the current GTS especially when combined with stiffer air suspension. I consider S air in sports plus suspension setting to be as stiff as I want the suspension on UK roads and with the S with air I end up with softer options for when I want comfort. I prefer the Gen 3 S looks to Gen 3 GTS and do not want sports exhaust or the coated brake discs. For my preferred S spec at £73k I could get a very base GTS but It would be missing some convenience options I use a lot.
Yep makes sense, just depends on what spec you want. You can get normal air suspension instead of sports air suspension on gts (free option).

Having driven all macans over the years, the 21s on sports suspension on GTS felt great, prob the best out of all the macans I’ve owned imo, that includes air suspension on 20’s. You have to drive it to judge what works for you
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I've just specced an "S" & "GTS" to my preferred spec and the S was £71k and the GTS was £79.5 k . No sport chrone, no 21" wheels but with acoutic glass & running boards but still £8.5k difference.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:35 pm I've just specced an "S" & "GTS" to my preferred spec and the S was £71k and the GTS was £79.5 k . No sport chrone, no 21" wheels but with acoutic glass & running boards but still £8.5k difference.
Yep as expected, if you don’t want or value all the extra standard things that come with a GTS over an S, then it obviously makes sense to go with the S.

Each to there own right, for me I value all those standard things on the GTS a lot, and once I added them to an S it cost me more so went with the top of the range model as it made sense.

If I wasn’t interested in those extras I’d probably go with an S model as well
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

sd1985 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:39 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:35 pm I've just specced an "S" & "GTS" to my preferred spec and the S was £71k and the GTS was £79.5 k . No sport chrone, no 21" wheels but with acoutic glass & running boards but still £8.5k difference.
Yep as expected, if you don’t want or value all the extra standard things that come with a GTS over an S, then it obviously makes sense to go with the S.

Each to there own right, for me I value all those standard things on the GTS a lot, and once I added them to an S it cost me more so went with the top of the range model as it made sense.

If I wasn’t interested in those extras I’d probably go with an S model as well
I'm an old fart and value comfort over outright roadholding, not that the "S" isn't excellent in that department. As you say everybody's needs are different.
Mine came with running boards , not many fans of them on this forum, but they would be near the top of my list if I bought another Macan.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Out of interest why would the running boards be on your list? My original original spec had them but after seeing how narrow they were they seemed pretty useless so I removed them.
Macan S MY 2023
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Skyway wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:46 pm Out of interest why would the running boards be on your list? My original original spec had them but after seeing how narrow they were they seemed pretty useless so I removed them.
I also spec'd and have running boards. I intend to do quite a bit of kayaking next year so running boards and roof rails were a must. Also, if they save just one supermarket trolley ding then they have pretty much paid for themselves. Each to their own
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

MooseMiller wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:02 pm
Skyway wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:46 pm Out of interest why would the running boards be on your list? My original original spec had them but after seeing how narrow they were they seemed pretty useless so I removed them.
I also spec'd and have running boards. I intend to do quite a bit of kayaking next year so running boards and roof rails were a must. Also, if they save just one supermarket trolley ding then they have pretty much paid for themselves. Each to their own
I’m not knocking them btw. I only removed them as they didn’t seem to do anything meaningful 😉
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

I think Scooby does go kayaking, not a fan myself, fortunately you don’t need them for golf gear!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)