Sat Nav shouting down the radio...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Does this ever irritate you? Just at an interesting point of news or GQT in chimes herself with the latest, sometimes superfluous, always too wordy directions... :( Well after 4 years of Macan ownership the latest revelation to surprise me (by accident) is that Sat Nav interjections can be silenced on a one at a time basis as well as having volume set to zero! Just one click of the steering wheel mounted "volume" control curtails them, at least until next time :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

RTM
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
andreas

Post by andreas »

bennachie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:34 amRTM
I always thought that was "RTFM"! :shock:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Kindness; Christmas is coming and the world has gone to hell in a handcart..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When I used to travel everywhere via my Motorcycle I had a Sat Nav attached to it and an Intercom/Radio Transmitter/Receiver attached so hearing the Sat Nav directions was no problem.

What I am getting at is the Sat Nav could be upgraded to different voices one of which was John Cleese in full Basil Fawlty mode.

Suppose a Liam Neeson voice would give directions ……. You WILL take the next turning LEFT or I will find you and kill you.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 pm When I used to travel everywhere via my Motorcycle I had a Sat Nav attached to it and an Intercom/Radio Transmitter/Receiver attached so hearing the Sat Nav directions was no problem.

What I am getting at is the Sat Nav could be upgraded to different voices one of which was John Cleese in full Basil Fawlty mode.

Suppose a Liam Neeson voice would give directions ……. You WILL take the next turning LEFT or I will find you and kill you.
Haha - yes, I had Homer Simpson. Never stopped making me smile LOL