Macan S - Lockdown Spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

That’s a good spec that. Pretty similar to my own.

Don’t think I’d change much apart from wheels and add Burmester. But both are purely personal choice items.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Great spec

See my Spec as mine is a keeper, so hardly any pointless bling (only SD mirrors and a Gear shift).

If I ask myself is there anything that I wished that I had NOT included, answer is nothing.

Conversely is there anything that I wished that I had included, answer is yes, Insulated Glass.

I love the air suspension, 14 way seats (by far the best for me), and PS+ which lightens the steering load only at parking speeds and as I have to perform a reverse 180 degree to get out of the garage and drive away it is a Must Have for me. ACC is used quite a lot and at this time of year as is the Heated Steering wheel which you have also included.

I did not have the choice way back when I spec’d mine but if Pebble had been available I would have included that and omitted the Pano which I only included to lighten what otherwise is a dark interior

Good luck deciding.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
New User

Post by New User »

Nice spec and the Air Suspension is one of the better value options. Painted rear apron helps the look and GB goes well with Pebble which had the happy effect of lightening up the cabin so much that I didn’t need Pan Roof so a big saving, which I used to upgrade to the Acoustic/insulated glass (a great option).
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Jon A wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:49 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:41 pm Neighbour has Crayon and though I'm not a fan of primer cars it looks good. Probably easier to keep clean than Gentian.
Just come out of a week in a loan car with 18 way back into our far more comfortable and still supportive 14 ways. Phew!
PDLS+ is surprisingly good.
Privacy glass hides belongings and acts as a rear view mirror anti-dazzle whilst keeping side mirrors bright (without autodim option) so you can see what's coming up either side. This is a great combo.
SC does give the Mode switch. Only useful for switching to Sport without having to glance at centre console. In other words almost useless.
Get/keep the little tray in the centre console in place of the ashtray and 12v socket/cig lighter. You can put a pair of glasses in the tray.
Loan car had air, standard PASM in our S is definitely better. Less jiggling in normal mode and more comfortable in and out of town. Round the PEC I can understand why air may be superior as was Sport chassis PASM in my 981. But for 90% of road use you'll be on normal chassis with perhaps Sport engine.
Loan car had leather dash and doors. Our S has 'diver's', as does my 981. I wouldn't pay for leather. The textured standard stuff has it's own individual look.
So basically, everything YOU have is excellent and options you don’t have are crap?? 😂😂
Very helpful post indeed, well done, very 'funny', but...
I don't have Crayon.
I don't have the little tray.
I didn't want PDLS+.
I've given my reasoning.
Get your facts right assh***.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Vix wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:24 pm
sd1985 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:56 pm
Vix wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:32 am Following my original post back in July, I put down a deposit on a Macan S in Crayon. I've continued to niggle about the spec, expecially the colour. Although this should be a minor item, I think it's important to get it right for a keeper that you look at every day. Although I'd promised myself a Macan in Crayon, I just don't think it works on the Macan as it does on the 911. Another consideration was price. I'm up at GTS level but have decided I'd rather have a well spec'd S.

Last week I had my day at the PEC - which reminded my why I want to own a Macan and although I'd not enjoyed the air suspension during a test drive, the PEC demonstrated its benefits so that's back in the mix.

So, I think this is my final spec. I've changed the colour to Gentian and added the air suspension. I'd be grateful for any comments on the spec before I lock it down next week for an April delivery - I'm about to go away for a month and want to get it done before I go. I'd be happy to shave off a couple of £k so grateful for any thoughts. The Bose is the only item which sticks out but I don't want to scrimp on a keeper.

Many thanks.
Looks good, I think the right choice changing from crayon, for me crayon works really well on a macan with blacked out trim (I.e. the GTS variant), but doesn’t look right to my eyes without the black trim.

You seem to have made personal choices with your spec, so it’s whatever is right for you.

Personally I’d add the exterior package in vehicle colour (£1232) and change the window trim to black (£158), change Porsche logo to black (£204), change roof rails to black (£0 as you can swap the chrome one out). Paint sideblades in exterior colour (£444). This for me, will massively enhance how the car looks, removing some of the plasticy looking trim.

I’d lose the auto dimming, with privacy glass it’s hardly worth it in my experience, I also wouldn’t bother with luggage line, I’d get them to give you the luggage compartment liner for free at the OPC. The GT wheel is great but save another £200 by added heating to a normal wheel (to free up some ££ for stuff I added lol). I also wouldnt bother with side airbags personally. Also the surround camera on the macans is not great (again imo) so the reverse camera is more than sufficiently. I really wouldn’t bother with the ioniser either. Side by side I’ve never noticed the difference with Bose and the standard speakers, burmester is where it makes a difference for me (I’ve owned macans with and without it). So Id drop that too.

I would go with this if it was me:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRR351B3
Very many thanks for this and providing a code. I certainly like the look with more blue paint and the black not chrome trim. Do you happen to know what the difference in diameter is between the standard and GT wheels (which I guess is the only difference)? And reversing camera is standard?
The gt wheel is 360m and slightly smaller than standard wheel which I think is 370m. It’s a bit nicer but if you’re working to a budget then Can do without and just get heating.

Reverse cam is standard.

The only other things that I like on my macans is rear light trip tinted and Porsche exhaust system. But at that point you’d probably be better off in a GTS as most of this stuff is standard in that car.

I’m not a fan of gentian because the blue and red callipers remind me of superman lol

Volcano is great looking in the darker colour range and easy to get clean (owned that colour before). Don’t get black, white is to bare, crayon best with black wheels, silver is nice but again honestly think it looks better with black wheels and trim. Ruby is strange, papaya is marmite, the other paints are £££

So for your car its gentian or volcano if it was me. Reckon volcano is a nice colour.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Lovely spec.

Loads of info above, all I will add is, possibly ditch the ioniser, it’s been mentioned that it’s poor.

My S came with monochrome wheel centres, they are fine but I prefer the coloured ones , so bought a set from OPC parts department, they did me a deal and I paid £95 for them. So have a summer set and winter set 😊 Save £125 and spec mono, buy colour ones separately and two sets for the price of one 👍

Good luck with your final decision. 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Things I specced on my S and after a year and 8k miles I would not spec if ordering a new one now:
Pano Sunroof
Dark windows
Sports Chrono

Things I wished I specced:
GT heated Steering Wheel
Acoustic glass …non tinted

Things I’m glad I didn’t originally spec ( removed from my original order)
Full leather ( part just about give a premium feel)
Air suspension (I specced 20’ wheels) I’m in a minority on this forum but I hated it
2023 Macan S
crockers

Post by crockers »

DJMCUK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:08 pm
Jon A wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:49 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:41 pm Neighbour has Crayon and though I'm not a fan of primer cars it looks good. Probably easier to keep clean than Gentian.
Just come out of a week in a loan car with 18 way back into our far more comfortable and still supportive 14 ways. Phew!
PDLS+ is surprisingly good.
Privacy glass hides belongings and acts as a rear view mirror anti-dazzle whilst keeping side mirrors bright (without autodim option) so you can see what's coming up either side. This is a great combo.
SC does give the Mode switch. Only useful for switching to Sport without having to glance at centre console. In other words almost useless.
Get/keep the little tray in the centre console in place of the ashtray and 12v socket/cig lighter. You can put a pair of glasses in the tray.
Loan car had air, standard PASM in our S is definitely better. Less jiggling in normal mode and more comfortable in and out of town. Round the PEC I can understand why air may be superior as was Sport chassis PASM in my 981. But for 90% of road use you'll be on normal chassis with perhaps Sport engine.
Loan car had leather dash and doors. Our S has 'diver's', as does my 981. I wouldn't pay for leather. The textured standard stuff has it's own individual look.
So basically, everything YOU have is excellent and options you don’t have are crap?? 😂😂
Very helpful post indeed, well done, very 'funny', but...
I don't have Crayon.
I don't have the little tray.
I didn't want PDLS+.
I've given my reasoning.
Get your facts right assh***.
That’s a bit uncalled for.
crockers

Post by crockers »

My last car had 8 way sports seats aka the GTS. This one has 18 way. I absolutely love the 18 way. Very comfortable and the seat and side bolsters can get “widened” if they’re too snug. It to be fair I haven’t driven the 14 way comfort seats.

I actually put the Porsche seats above the ones I had in my Volvo XC60! But no seat has ever beaten the seats I had in a Saab 9_5.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I would ditch these items that I am disappointed with.

ACC. I still can't get used to the over eager acceleration and braking. In slow moving traffic you have to give unnecessary attention just in case it "fails to stop". When following a car on a roundabout it will brake if you are peeling off and approach the rear of a car that's carrying on round too closely.

CRESTS You and your passenger will never notice them when getting into the car. No one looks at the headrest.

AUTODIM with privacy glass it is redundant and there's always the manual toggle if a DH follows you on full beam.

PDLS+. once again you are on tenterhooks waiting for the auto dip.

ROOFRAILS. Save some money if you'll never use a roof box. And if you do Thule do a very good system for cars without them.

Good luck with whatever you decide as it won't detract from the driving experience
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479