SPORT PLUS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
m30ndo

Post by m30ndo »

Mike,

So you don’t think I need the Sport+ doesn’t change the note of the exhaust at all????

Isn’t there a ‘custom’ build option with Sport plus so you can build the exact drive settings you want?

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Sports + is a bit silly as a mode but I do find the dial useful to quickly change to Sport mode from normal and back again. The Individual mode is handy also as you can create a custom setting with sports engine response but comfort suspension etc.

You get pops and bangs in Sports mode for sure. I don't think they're louder in Sports+ from memory.

On other Porsche models the inclusion of Sports Chrono is also the inclusion of the dash clock (that's the chrono - that measures your laptime) - but for some reason on the Macan all models get the dash clock.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Plyphon wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:12 am
On other Porsche models the inclusion of Sports Chrono is also the inclusion of the dash clock (that's the chrono - that measures your laptime) - but for some reason on the Macan all models get the dash clock.
On the Gen 2 I think the clock on the top of the dash only came with cars with sport chrono. Some might be along to tell me otherwise though...🤔
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Sport Plus is a PASM setting but it only comes with SC. The "Porsche Button" you refer to is probably the Boost button that came with SC option in the 2020 GTS model. The Sport Plus suspension setting is really intended for track use and very few Macan owners will take their car on track days.

I don't recall the Compass dial being an option on the 2020 GTS together with SC as if it was I would have ordered it so your car probably doesn't have SC. It will have a Sport button on the centre console which stiffens the suspension and changes the engine response. The Compass on the dash was a free standing option on all models but it's only possible to have it with SC on Gen 3 GTSs.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
m30ndo

Post by m30ndo »

Thanks again. Guess my real question is how can I get that throaty, popping, exaggerated sound out of the exhaust, is it louder in a Sport+ mode or the same in Sports mode???
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

m30ndo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:30 am Thanks again. Guess my real question is how can I get that throaty, popping, exaggerated sound out of the exhaust, is it louder in a Sport+ mode or the same in Sports mode???
It's the same sound in Sports and Sports+ I'm fairly certain.

Sports+ from an engine perspective only changes the throttle map to be more aggressive. It doesn't change the engine map/fuel mixture, timing or anything else that may produce exhaust detonation.

You may experience the pops and bangs "earlier" in the throttle stroke as the mapping is more aggressive - ie: it revs up faster/earlier than in Sports mode. But that's it.

I drive my GTS primarily in Sports mode and enjoy lovely pops and bangs. :)
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I'm surprised,that bearing in mind you're previous cars, Cayenne, 911,911GT3 etc, that you didn't notice that there was no Sport Chrono when you test drove the car.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

m30ndo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:30 am Thanks again. Guess my real question is how can I get that throaty, popping, exaggerated sound out of the exhaust, is it louder in a Sport+ mode or the same in Sports mode???
I don't think the porsche system on the Macan will ever give you what you are looking for....Just fit an asbo straight through exhaust and get a crackle pop bang remap
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Sorry, it’s a personal thing, but I can’t see why anybody wants pops and bangs from the exhaust and launch control

Fine to experience the latter once (I did at Leuchars with Porsche)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sport+ is only available as a retrofit on Gen 1 Macan’s, @ £656.70 and it still does not include the clock dial on the top of the dash.

In practice it is not really worth it. I have only used mine two or three times in 7 years, on the road there is very little bonus to be gained.

Launch control is activated by putting the car in Sport+ mode, standing hard on the brake and then flooring the throttle (keep it floored), when ready to launch take the foot off the brake whilst keeping the throttle floored.

A point to note, whatever the 0-60 mph time is in any Porsche the 60-0 time is 1/2 that, and whilst in full emergency stop mode one still retains full directional control of the car such that you could steer from the outside lane of on a Mway onto the hard shoulder and retain full control as long as the route was clear.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags