SPORT PLUS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

m30ndo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 am Thanks again for the responses.

Scooby the demo I drove had the wheel on the steering wheel and thus had sports + I was told by dealer the clock dash on the front meant it had Sports+ my steering wheel is the beautiful carbon steering wheel and doesn’t have that wheel but did have the clock on dash so presumed it had the SC but it turned out it was the compass NOT the timer….

Spoke to dealer and he said there’s really minimal difference but guess he would say that.

On another note was shocked to be lumped with a £500+ road tax bill, surely a main dealer would of added this….. Then to top it off he charged me delivery!!!! ( it’s 600 miles away )
You probably should have asked the SE for the OTR price before you bought the car. I hate to think how much they have charged you to transport the car 600 miles, could you have picked a car further away?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:03 am
AndyC160 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am
m30ndo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 am Thanks again for the responses.

Scooby the demo I drove had the wheel on the steering wheel and thus had sports + I was told by dealer the clock dash on the front meant it had Sports+ my steering wheel is the beautiful carbon steering wheel and doesn’t have that wheel but did have the clock on dash so presumed it had the SC but it turned out it was the compass NOT the timer….

Spoke to dealer and he said there’s really minimal difference but guess he would say that.

On another note was shocked to be lumped with a £500+ road tax bill, surely a main dealer would of added this….. Then to top it off he charged me delivery!!!! ( it’s 600 miles away )
If it's not got the wheel on the steering wheel it's not got SC. Does it say it does on the spec sheet?

I've never had a dealer pay my road tax. Which dealers have you been to who have done that?
I think you could have SC without the dial, I’m sure I’ve seen this in older cars with the dial replaced by buttons I.e. sports+ button on the consul?
It probably doesn’t come with individual mode or sport response feature though?
On a Macan without Sports Chrono the PASM retains its factory standard three modes of operation via the single switch.

Additionally there is a separate switch to activate Sport mode, it is labelled Sport.

SC can still be added as a retrofit to Gen 1 Macan’s.

It is not showing as available for any other Generation of Macan.

Retrofit SC does not include the dash dial.

It adds a single Sport+ button in the centre console and this that activates SC.

Retrofit SC on my SD was a complete waste of cash.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am
Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:03 am
AndyC160 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:45 am

If it's not got the wheel on the steering wheel it's not got SC. Does it say it does on the spec sheet?

I've never had a dealer pay my road tax. Which dealers have you been to who have done that?
I think you could have SC without the dial, I’m sure I’ve seen this in older cars with the dial replaced by buttons I.e. sports+ button on the consul?
It probably doesn’t come with individual mode or sport response feature though?
Yes, you are correct on the older cars...I've seen it set out like you say on 991.1s.

I think the OP's car is a Gen 2 Macan though 🤔
Good point, no SC then. Wouldn’t put me off it was a nice car with other bits though.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0