Lane Departure Warning

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Not 100% sure , unless it's not activated on mine, but it looks as if Porsche have added another unwanted , my opinion, free option on the Macan "S". Lane Departure Warning is now standard , my wife has it on her Juke - PITA.

wooldric

Post by wooldric »

I was also surprised to find that the lane departure warning had come as standard on my new Macan T. You need to switch it on if you want it though.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The lane departure warning has been a feature for a while. It’s the one that physically steers you back in lane which I believe is the option πŸ˜‰
Macan S MY 2023
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Yeah it's standard (at least it is on my 'S'), but if you don't like it, just turn it off on the console.
I don't find it intrusive, it just makes a faint warning sound.
Where I do think it is a little pointless is that the warning sounds after you have crossed a line so it is telling you that you have already left the lane rather than you are about to.
andreas

Post by andreas »

MooseMiller wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:15 am
Where I do think it is a little pointless is that the warning sounds after you have crossed a line so it is telling you that you have already left the lane rather than you are about to.
You have the option in the settings menu to make the warning earlier or later.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:58 am The lane departure warning has been a feature for a while. It’s the one that physically steers you back in lane which I believe is the option πŸ˜‰
Whilst the Macan lane departure warning is off by default, I drove a Cayenne Coupe the other day which had Lane Keep Assist, and this was on by default, so I had to switch it off in the PCM menu every time I started the engine! This is crazy and dreadfully intrusive.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Skyway wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:58 am The lane departure warning has been a feature for a while. It’s the one that physically steers you back in lane which I believe is the option πŸ˜‰
I was looking at the configurator last night and it appears to have been updated, if you try and get the up to date list price of a used car ,it tells you what options on the used car are no longer available. The only fault is that it also classes as unavailable any options that are now standard, eg phone charging in centre console.
Oops - just seen the haptic button. :oops:
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

andreas wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:28 am
MooseMiller wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:15 am
You have the option in the settings menu to make the warning earlier or later.
Yep, even on the earliest setting it's too late to be hugely useful IMHO
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I think it could be one of the "safety features" fitted to all cars soon :roll: :roll:
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

ScotMac wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:43 pm I think it could be one of the "safety features" fitted to all cars soon :roll: :roll:
It'll certainly be a feature of any 'self driving' capabilities. Dread to think!!!
Macan S MY 2023