Rear washer pipe leak - modification?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Spoken to our DP.
No issues, he'll sort it. Car in Friday.
Very friendly and pragmatic conversation between him and my wife (her car).
I think it depends on your history with the OPC, and if you bought it from them.
But do raise it with PGB whatever the outcome.
The more reports, the more likely they are to resolve the design flaw, or at least offer to pay if the OPC won't.

2japs

Post by 2japs »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:54 pm Spoken to our DP.
No issues, he'll sort it. Car in Friday.
Very friendly and pragmatic conversation between him and my wife (her car).
I think it depends on your history with the OPC, and if you bought it from them.
But do raise it with PGB whatever the outcome.
The more reports, the more likely they are to resolve the design flaw, or at least offer to pay if the OPC won't.
Good result 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

I dropped into my local OPC in the Pyrenees and asked them if they have many problems especially as every other SUV out here is a Macan!
There where very helpful, firstly they have very few cars effected as most ‘mountain owners’ understand the need to use winter screen wash at a mixture of 1 part wash to 2 parts water and don’t use the rear wiper below -5 unless the car is warm. There is a bypass of disconnecting the Y pipe junction to the camera and just using the route to the rear wiper but they have only done it for a few customers and not recommended.
They also suggested avoiding some screen washes which use thicker ingredients which can congeal in the pipes such as Autogym.
Price of a 1 year oil change was €120 and they included a couple of bottles of Porsche screen wash!
2023 Macan S
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Price of a 1 year oil change was €120 and they included a couple of bottles of Porsche screen wash!

Almost worth driving to the Pyrenees from Newcastle at that price!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

“Price of a 1 year oil change was €120 and they included a couple of bottles of Porsche screen wash!”

Beats DIY 😮 In the UK best price on the correct oil is nearly £100, then £20 for a correct filter and sump washer. And then allow an hour to do the work.
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

2japs wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:36 am Price of a 1 year oil change was €120 and they included a couple of bottles of Porsche screen wash!

PCGB have a Cayenne/Macan offroading trip to the North of Spain and the Pyrenees in the offing, would certainly mitigate some of the cost! I can't do their dates but we could have a Macanforums.co.uk version including maintenance stops, at prices like that to hell with schedules :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:43 am
2japs wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:36 am Price of a 1 year oil change was €120 and they included a couple of bottles of Porsche screen wash!

PCGB have a Cayenne/Macan offroading trip to the North of Spain and the Pyrenees in the offing, would certainly mitigate some of the cost! I can't do their dates but we could have a Macanforums.co.uk version including maintenance stops, at prices like that to hell with schedules :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like we're getting ourselves a convoy!
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

Plyphon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:40 am How could Porsche possibly defend not covering it under warranty?!

Impossible surely it's under the new car warranty?? No way would they get away with that.
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:43 am

Have you seen the cost of the PCGB North of Spain Road trip :roll:
No VAT in Andorra plus they said it was a limited January ‘special offer’ across most Spanish owned dealers at the moment.
2 year full service is €850 but does include sunroof seal lubricant, drain clearing and wheel alignment …if needed.
2023 Macan S
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Appears mine has stopped working again! Chester fixed it last time so I'll tell them now and see if they can fix before it goes in for an oil service in March (not hopeful about getting it done sooner tbh but still)