Strange New Error Message

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanSboy

Post by MacanSboy »

Evening All

I have been looking on the interwebs, in the manual and in the online manual in the car and I have been unable to find a an answer to my problem so thought I'd come to the experts. The car is a 2021 (2022MY) Gen 3 Macan S

I had it serviced 2 days ago, including a couple of software updates as part of a recall. Driving home was fine, but tonight on the way home I get the error message shown in the attached picture. It comes on when I turn the ignition on but goes out instantly when I start the car (and stays out). When I go into the message centre it says there are no messages so I am getting no recorded error

Any idea what this alert means and why its never come up before?

Thanks in advance

dials.jpg

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

It’s a braking failure warning that comes on as part of the ‘pre-flight’ check before starting the engine. If it goes out everything is normal 😉

It’s part of the last software update.
Macan S MY 2023
MacanSboy

Post by MacanSboy »

Skyway wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:10 pm It’s a braking failure warning that comes on as part of the ‘pre-flight’ check before starting the engine. If it goes out everything is normal 😉

It’s part of the last software update.
so its part of the latest software update? Odd I didn't notice it when I picked the car up but not entirely unusual for me not to notice things. Would have been nice for the service guys to warn me.

Thanks, knew you guys would know the answer
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, I think it was always supposed to be there and the last update fixed the display 😉
Macan S MY 2023