Bit of fun - Wheel colour - What would you choose?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I was cleaning my diamond cut/titanium standard Gen 3 wheels the other day and started to think what I would/will do if/when the laquer starts to fail. I actually love the standard 20inch wheels but diamond cut is always vulnerable.

Traditionally diamond cut have to be re-cut and laquered to deal with these types of issue, so not always the best choice long term.

My car is white so something like a powered coated platinum satin or high gloss titanium would probably work for me should I ever change.

As a bit of fun I thought it would be interesting to know what change you'd make on your own car.

If you want to play then list your cars body colour and the new wheel colour you'd go for :)
Macan S MY 2023

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I have a Blue Macan, so obviously it needs Gold wheels with a fake bonnet scoop. 555 stickers on the side. Squint, and you'd never know the difference.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I've had diamond cut wheels on my last three MB cars , the last were 19" multispoke alloys and there was no sign of any deterioration of the lacquer after 5 years of ownership . As previous posts I never used a proprietary wheel cleaner on them, just whatever I cleaned the bodywork with , usually wash & wax .There are quite a few various colour choices on the confuserator , for standard "S" wheels, and none look as good as the standard polished.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Dolomite silver Macan with Black and diamond cut 5 spokes. I'd go full Platinum Satin as a choice (no diamond cut) - hides the dirt.

Rhodium Cayman 981 with Platinum Satin Carrera S wheels (no diamond cut) - owned 8yrs - ideal colour. Hides the dirt.

Previously BMW X1 - black and diamond cut. one wheel replaced in 3yr warranty due to corrosion. All wheels badly corroded after 7yrs.

Never, ever use any wheel cleaner, just Autoglym car shampoo.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:48 pm Dolomite silver Macan with Black and diamond cut 5 spokes. I'd go full Platinum Satin as a choice (no diamond cut) - hides the dirt.

Rhodium Cayman 981 with Platinum Satin Carrera S wheels (no diamond cut) - owned 8yrs - ideal colour. Hides the dirt.

Previously BMW X1 - black and diamond cut. one wheel replaced in 3yr warranty due to corrosion. All wheels badly corroded after 7yrs.

Never, ever use any wheel cleaner, just Autoglym car shampoo.
My neighbour had all 4 wheels on his X5 replaced under warranty after two years , common problem apparently, and they've corroded badly again but out of warranty.
The standard wheels on a Macan T are Dark Titanium but they look so bland and plain.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

The confusarator doesn’t give justice to the std S wheels, I enjoy cleaning them, easy to do, easy access to the calipers and you do appreciate how good they are close up.

If I was changing I’d love the 21” GT satin platinum which unfortunately are only available on the GTS.

If looking to refurbish 20” std wheels I would do just that and keep the same.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Just remembered, when looking at our S on Porsche Used and Autotrader it had the same wheels but in one set of photos they were painted completely in silver, in the other black and diamond cut. The OPC had refurbed them to the latter prior to sale. How well though...?

Anyone know the style name...?

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 16.34.42.png

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

2japs wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:29 pm The confusarator doesn’t give justice to the std S wheels, I enjoy cleaning them, easy to do, easy access to the calipers and you do appreciate how good they are close up.

If I was changing I’d love the 21” GT satin platinum which unfortunately are only available on the GTS.

If looking to refurbish 20” std wheels I would do just that and keep the same.
Definitely +1
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think satin platinum would look good on the standard S wheels. Would be good to see a car that's had that mod.
Macan S MY 2023
pmg

Post by pmg »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:35 pm Just remembered, when looking at our S on Porsche Used and Autotrader it had the same wheels but in one set of photos they were painted completely in silver, in the other black and diamond cut. The OPC had refurbed them to the latter prior to sale. How well though...?

Anyone know the style name...?

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 16.34.42.png
20-inch Macan Turbo wheels painted in
Black (High Gloss)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8