Taycan £10K Deposit Contribution

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:02 pm This GFV thing is a myth. Porsche are not guaranteeing it is worth that. It’s just a figure that helps the assessment of the monthly payment or what you’ll have to pay for it if you decide to keep, which at Taycan depreciation is likely to be way higher than a trade price, therefore leaving returning the vehicle the only viable option. There’s not gonna be even a pound of equity left in it 😉
Possibly but that’s trying to predict the future and the same might be said of the Macan, or any of these cars. My point is that as a car, the Taycan is a fabulous car - folks just need to get over themselves about this whole EV thing I think.
They may not be for everyone but they certainly suit many and that’s just fine because they have many qualities. Viva la choice!! 😉
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Exactly Jon
An ICE in comparison is so unrefined :twisted:
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Jon A wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:09 pm
Skyway wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:02 pm This GFV thing is a myth. Porsche are not guaranteeing it is worth that. It’s just a figure that helps the assessment of the monthly payment or what you’ll have to pay for it if you decide to keep, which at Taycan depreciation is likely to be way higher than a trade price, therefore leaving returning the vehicle the only viable option. There’s not gonna be even a pound of equity left in it 😉
Possibly but that’s trying to predict the future and the same might be said of the Macan, or any of these cars. My point is that as a car, the Taycan is a fabulous car - folks just need to get over themselves about this whole EV thing I think.
They may not be for everyone but they certainly suit many and that’s just fine because they have many qualities. Viva la choice!! 😉
They definitely suit the pocket when you can be part of a company scheme as you save 40% in tax on the lease and only pay 2% benefit in kind. This is the only element that occasionally gets me interested in ‘ownership’. The drive would be fine. Only thing I don’t like about the Porsche EVs is the lack of one pedal driving. That seems a crazy absence as it saves the brakes and provides much more power regeneration.
Macan S MY 2023
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Most EVs use the brakes very little whether one pedal driving or not. Brake dust on the wheels is a thing of the past.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MCDK wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:46 pm Most EVs use the brakes very little whether one pedal driving or not. Brake dust on the wheels is a thing of the past.
Less need for PCCBs then. :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yep exactly that. I was tempted to spec them but the consensus seems to be that they would be wasted money.
andreas

Post by andreas »

MCDK wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:46 pm Most EVs use the brakes very little whether one pedal driving or not. Brake dust on the wheels is a thing of the past.
The Taycan was intentionally designed to have rather less regen braking, so does rely much more on conventional brakes.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I think Porsche say that they prefer the coasting element and believe it adds more to range rather than regen
Macan
Taycan Turbo
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Regen is fully adjustable on them depending on what feel a driver prefers.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:54 pm
mcnallys wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:51 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:45 pm
Transparency; That's what keeps all good relationships going, so says all my three previous wifes... :lol:

So March build, May delivery. Let's hope the Porsche bean counters stay away from pricing before your order is locked in 👍
hahahahah!!

I think it is best for manufacturers to hold prices, massive downturn incoming!!! Hearing some scarey stories - so glad I bought new tyres for the 992 (and didn't buy a Taycan Turbo a while back)
I know it's a poor comparison but Marvin Gaye says that Rolex are uping their prices from January :o
Think Marvin was right ⌚🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4