Macan Turbo Gen 11

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

These seem to be good value being about 5k more than an S model of the same year or around GTS price 2019/20 cars. spec seems better also . These have the same engine thats in the new Gen111 GTS is that right?

pmg

Post by pmg »

carbonblack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:55 pm These seem to be good value being about 5k more than an S model of the same year or around GTS price 2019/20 cars. spec seems better also . These have the same engine thats in the new Gen111 GTS is that right?
Not many Gen2 Turbo's were sold.

Looking at OPC current used stock, I think the price excess over an S is more like £8k to £10K for 2019/ 2020 vehicles
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

What is not to love about the Turbo with its 2.9 litre engine and 434 bhp v an S with 375bhp?

Size matters
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

carbonblack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:55 pm These seem to be good value being about 5k more than an S model of the same year or around GTS price 2019/20 cars. spec seems better also . These have the same engine thats in the new Gen111 GTS is that right?
Yes, same engine, although Porsche have interfered with the version in the Gen 3 GTS so it makes more artificial pops and bangs.

Gen 2 Turbo is a nice car, usually coming with many goodies. Softer sprung vs the GTS so great for doing long distances.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

Thanks,as I thought its a good value Macan . The brakes look good as well! :D I notice some dont have air which is a must for me. Yours is a good spec Col.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 23&fromsra
VS 350HP S
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 19&fromsra
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

carbonblack wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:50 am Thanks,as I thought its a good value Macan . The brakes look good as well! :D I notice some dont have air which is a must for me. Yours is a good spec Col.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 23&fromsra
Thanks for the kind comment.

Having had a Macan SD prior, I knew what to spec in the Turbo.

The SD just had PASM so I wanted to try a Turbo with air, and travelled over to Leeds to test out a used one, then went to the PEC where we went out on the country roads for an hour before hurling it around the PEC circuits. These confirmed Air to be a must have for me , there is a but in that some members here have had motion sickness so a good long test drive is called for when you find one that suits.

Only Option I regret not speccing is Insulated Glass.

I am not a fan of bling so omitted including many of those options. An alloy Gear Shift and SD mirrors were the only bling I choose, but SD mirrors really were more of a must have as the standard mirrors at the time were ugly units stuck on what looked like a piece of black drainpipe.

Good luck.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I probably bought one of the last Gen 2's - received end of November 21.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
RGS

Post by RGS »

I bought one of the first Gen 2 Turbo's, It was an OPC demo with 900 miles on the clock and only 10 days old from first registration and came with over £12K sensible options, I paid £75k which was £7K off new price and not including first reg cost. It has turned out to be one of the best cars I've owned, and in over 4 years it's not put a foot wrong, it has all the nice toys and is covered in cow and Alcantara and always a pleasure to get in and drive. I would strongly recommend Air suspension as a must particularly on 21" rims and I guess that goes for the GTS also.
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

Thanks RGS I was going to ask what these cost new. Yes even without haven driven one I know I would want the air suspension.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:08 pm What is not to love about the Turbo with its 2.9 litre engine and 434 bhp v an S with 375bhp?

Size matters
Watch Nick Murray’s YouTube review of Gen3 S vs GTS basically no actual difference when accelerating side by side - not all that surprising as it’s the same engine supposedly detuned for the S - and the same goes for the Gen2 cars which had the same engines/power outputs just were badged GTS/turbo instead - got to love marketing :)