Loss of sound

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

I have a Macan 2016 S and have recently lost the majority of sound coming from the stereo.

I've checked the settings, fader, balance etc and there very little coming from any of the speakers. Does anyone have experience with this or advice how I can sort it out?

I have tried checking the fuse to the amp but unsure which it is as I thought this could be the problem.

Any advice is much appreciated!

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Standard or upgraded sound system?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Long shot, but you could try powering off the PCM by holding the power button down until it shuts down, wait 15 seconds or so then power it back up again.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

It’s the standard system
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Does it give the same effect with all sound options ie radio, satnav, music played off memory devices, streaming via internet, via mobile audio app?

If its all OPC visit.

One other question, has your 2016 had a patch applied to the PCM? Do check with the OPC to see if it has.

Mine did during the Summer and now one of the two SD card slots disappears and I have to shut off the engine to get it back.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I had the dash update done a couple of months ago, and my systems went bezerk. Icons from the sound system source screen disapeared, and the TPMS went nuts.
When I returned to the OPC to have some ordered parts fitted, they sorted it out straight away, saying that the management system was adjusted.