Insurance Tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:04 am The trick is not to trick insurance companies in any way. You may feel you're being smart, nice cheap premiums, but you won't feel so clever when your pride and joy is written off and you don't get a penny when they investigate your insurance fraud. It's also a criminal offence by the way.

Another thing is to be wary of using any old insurer just because they're cheap (but you've never heard of them).
You have insurance with perhaps two thought processes:
1/ You have to have it, so get the cheapest to keep you legal.
2/ When your car is stolen, damaged, or written off you have an 'easy' journey through the claims process, a sympathetic claims handler, a courtesy car for as long as you need it, and a perfect car returned from the repairer of your choice.

There's cheapest and there's best. Check out sites such as Auto Express for insurer's rankings in various categories: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-po ... -companies

NB. I was a general insurance broker for 35 years to 2022. Our cars are currently insured with NFU, as is our house.
Top tip thanks 👍
I was also told that finding the renewal at 20 days before due is best time (Martin Lewis program)
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Best price I found was Churchill after being with Admiral for 7 years. Churchill was best of the bunch but still £350 more than previous year.
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:04 am The trick is not to trick insurance companies in any way. You may feel you're being smart, nice cheap premiums, but you won't feel so clever when your pride and joy is written off and you don't get a penny when they investigate your insurance fraud. It's also a criminal offence by the way.

Another thing is to be wary of using any old insurer just because they're cheap (but you've never heard of them).
You have insurance with perhaps two thought processes:
1/ You have to have it, so get the cheapest to keep you legal.
2/ When your car is stolen, damaged, or written off you have an 'easy' journey through the claims process, a sympathetic claims handler, a courtesy car for as long as you need it, and a perfect car returned from the repairer of your choice.

There's cheapest and there's best. Check out sites such as Auto Express for insurer's rankings in various categories: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-po ... -companies

NB. I was a general insurance broker for 35 years to 2022. Our cars are currently insured with NFU, as is our house.
I never lie on insurance as that invalidates any claim.
As a Close family member was the group director of the largest banking-insurance company of Europe and UK.
They aim to find mistakes in a claim, for the most logical business reasons.

But tricks are useful, tricks like: clean your browser history/ incognito mode on/ add additional drivers / different IP adress and geolocation with a VPN/ only get insurance exactly 21 days before/ generalise your profession. Anything input which is true and within reason.

I would never lie and , but tips and tricks are always allowed!!
:D .

I tried 10 comparison sites in 3 different browsers and 2 devices in two geolocationw, all prices were different. :D
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Monaco2323 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:46 am
A trick a learned with another car
Register at a cheaper address, then change within days to your real address and your quote is only small bit higher…
You would only pay a small Address change fee….
Hmmm... this suggests the "cheaper" address isn't your "real" address? This would constitute a lie, yes?
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:13 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:46 am
A trick a learned with another car
Register at a cheaper address, then change within days to your real address and your quote is only small bit higher…
You would only pay a small Address change fee….
Hmmm... this suggests the "cheaper" address isn't your "real" address? This would constitute a lie, yes?

No not all : I was living at both houses/adresses which was 4 streets apart. Because I was in the process of moving house, which took 4 weeks.

Hence I clearly wrote in the first post and wil write it out for you to read again ( as you have missed this) and i quote : “ Now it does not help I live in Knightsbridge, but I cannot change this fact.....“
Ea im not going to lie about where I live…

The post is called insurance tips, not please help me out with lying.

I cant help it you think cheaper address constitutes a lie, I just had 2 houses in kensington at the time and same parking permit. But one street was cheaper , hence cheaper address within the same borough but owned by me. So if you have this available to yourself, so you can actually receive post/blackbox and be written into its usable and will not invalidate your insurance if that property has a lower quote!

Ex cars:
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Monaco2323 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:22 pm I got it down to 190 pound a month , annually aprox 2400...

Now it does not help I live in Knightsbridge, but I cannot change this fact.....
Getting it down to 2400 for Knightsbridge is doing pretty well given what others who live in Central London are saying their renewals are now.

I seriously doubt there's any legitimate means of getting it much cheaper than that.
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

GeeRam wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:56 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:22 pm I got it down to 190 pound a month , annually aprox 2400...

Now it does not help I live in Knightsbridge, but I cannot change this fact.....
Getting it down to 2400 for Knightsbridge is doing pretty well given what others who live in Central London are saying their renewals are now.

I seriously doubt there's any legitimate means of getting it much cheaper than that.

Today I got 1849…. By using my mothers iphone and creating a new email account
So i knocked off 550 by only just using a device which was fully clean of insurance company algorithm trackers

:D :D :D

Ex cars:
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Well this is timely :) I got the best 'deal' from Admiral last year and they've just issued their home/car quotes for this year coming. We can ignore the home, but the car was a 'no go', as the maximum premium had been reached. I rang them and she played with the mileage etc., and the current market value, lowest being £75K. They cannot insure me this year.

I went on confused.com, the lowest I got was approx £7K with a company I amn't sure I've heard of before. On CompareTheMarket, the lowest is £4200 with Aviva.

Given Monoca has £2,400 in Knightsbridge, I think I am doing well with only one years driving licence and being in SE London etc.. That said my mileage this year has been incredibly low between one thing and another...

However, and potentially a separate thread, I think they insurance was been driven by the cars value overall. When I switched over to CompareTheMarket, it automatically put in a value of approx £70K for the car. I then put in £74,999 and it allowed that through, but once £75K was hit, the engine didn't like it.

I now have a problem.... This will be the separate thread - and its thanks to you knowledgeable guys, when you raised the EU reg piece. But essentially just to keep the thread about insurance only, if I change my car in March for a new GTS, that will be above 75K for insurance purposes, it could lead to bother. I wouldn't mind but this morning, I was beginning to get excited at an earlier delivery of a new car and was looking up number plates, as this one will be a keeper :)
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Monaco2323 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:20 pm

So i knocked off 550 by only just using a device which was fully clean of insurance company algorithm trackers

Did you put in your current number plate, and all other relevant details the same?
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:36 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:20 pm

Did you put in your current number plate, and all other relevant details the same?
Yeah i did the exact same!
Heavy tip:
Add two additional drivers : 1 second younger extra driver is fine but a third extra driver with 25+ years experience really helps lower the quote…..
My deal is with Aviva, so not a weird provider :S

Ex cars:
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT