Abnormal brake pad wear

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:04 pm

:shock: Take a chill pill, Col! :)
:D
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

ALooS

Post by ALooS »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 pm
ALooS wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:59 pm Was thinking of taking it to an indy to try get an impartial opinion. Getting into any OPC quickly in the South East just seems to be impossible.

I am the only driver of the car. The wife just hates the thing as it’s too ‘heavy’ for her.

Just seems far too premature to burn through a set of pads.
Heavy?

Do you actually know what you have bought?

By that I mean the Actual as supplied specification!

Your OPC can give you a printout of what was fitted to the Macan when it was delivered by keying the VIN into their system.

On that list look for PS+, if it is not there your S does not have Power Steering and it will be very heavy to turn the steering wheel at parking speeds.

The OPC can retro fit PS+ as it is just a software action.

All Porsches are unique in that there are so many options available to select when ordering no two are likely to have that same as fitted specification.

Good luck getting it sorted
Had the PS+ upgraded. Made some difference for me. Wife still hates it but its not her car and she is happy with her soft Volvo. I have no issue with the car and how it handles or drives. Got one which was actually well specc’d. Just how I was treated having parted with £50k of cash has left a sour taste.