Test drive booked

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SilkyMacanGTS

Post by SilkyMacanGTS »

Hi all, and thx for the nice welcome in the new members chat !

I’ve got my test drives booked on Monday, Grecale Modena @ 11, Macan GTS @ 1

I think I’m going to be accompanied on both.

Excuse my ignorance as this is my first foray into buying such a car I’m not sure of the etiquette.

If I go for the GTS , do I have any negotiating power or do I simply pay what the configurator says + on the road tax ? Should I ask for floor mats / boot liner or am I simply wasting my time 😀

If anyone has any questions that I should ask feel free to pass them on. Sensible ones preferred rather than than asking for tartan paint or left handed screw driver type questions 😉

Thanks in advance

Shaun

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

when negotiating it helps if you have buying history at the centre, however, It’s a buyers market just now.

Normally when custom building a car via the configurator there is little room to negotiate on the price, especially for a macan.

I’m picking up my new Gen 3 GTS on Friday (my 2nd one after selling the first one), and I got nothing off the price on the configurator (and it’s my 6th car from them!). However I did get: a boot liner, rubber floor mats, 2 x Porsche car seat kick mats, Gtechniq ceramic coating. Think all of that would normally retail for about £1k (that’s not the cost to them though).

If It were me and with it being a buyers market I’d ask for free stuff like I’ve done, it doesn’t really cost them much.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

How long a test drive are you expecting?

I would certainly expect more than a quick blast around the block, if you are accompanied then they will probably have a route.

I’d ring other dealers and say you are interested in a GTS and want a loaner for 1/2 a day and see what they say.

If you do not know the areas I would go there over the weekend and suss out some routes that will help to demonstrate the ride, handling, comfort and quietness of the cars when cruising at a constant high speed.

My advice would be to be non comital, to say that you’ll need the loan of one for at least 1/2 a day to check it out with all the family aboard. Walk away if they baulk at that and go elsewhere.

Not sure about the Greycale, but expect that they should be paying you to buy one.

As for the Macan, you have two chances to get a discount, little & none. You’ll have to negotiate to get a boot liner, a set of floor mats or a couple of mugs.

Above all to reiterate, Do Not sign up and place a deposit on the day of the test drive.

I test drove five before I chose the OPC and placed a deposit with them.

Then for the Turbo I test drove with three different OPC’s and placed deposits with two of them, the race was between them as to who gave me the build when I wanted it.

Just as I was about to post this sd1985 posted, I note for their comment about Ceramic coating, if this is offered do come back before accepting. A proper Ceramic coating is a three day job, with one full day being required for paint correction alone.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jamie87

Post by Jamie87 »

Best of luck, you will love it.

We have just picked up our first Porsche !! Macan gts after 11 month wait.
There’s no wiggle room on a new build regarding price but as mentioned, get the freebies in.
We got gtechniq ceramic coating outside and in, front and rear Porsche dashcams, 2x thermal flasks, cap and a pen.
Norwich were really good and couldn’t really fault them.
Ohh test drive was ‘“ there’s the keys sir, see you in 2 days…..be safe but enjoy”
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Me too. First contact to buy a 981 and the OPC offered a 2 day loan which I took up.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

SilkyMacanGTS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm Hi all, and thx for the nice welcome in the new members chat !

I’ve got my test drives booked on Monday, Grecale Modena @ 11, Macan GTS @ 1

I think I’m going to be accompanied on both.

Excuse my ignorance as this is my first foray into buying such a car I’m not sure of the etiquette.

If I go for the GTS , do I have any negotiating power or do I simply pay what the configurator says + on the road tax ? Should I ask for floor mats / boot liner or am I simply wasting my time 😀

If anyone has any questions that I should ask feel free to pass them on. Sensible ones preferred rather than than asking for tartan paint or left handed screw driver type questions 😉

Thanks in advance

Shaun
Good luck with your test drives.

As others have said, unlikely to get a financial discount, but you may get some freebies so it’s worth thinking about what you want.

I wouldn’t discount the ceramic coating either, both cars we bought this year had G-Techniq applied by Reading OPC and I’m very happy with the results.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
crockers

Post by crockers »

Both the Macans I bought this year had the Gtechniq applied. - free-Inside and out To be honest I think they've done a great job with it.

No discounts on a new car which you've configured but why not look at a few months old one. Good discounts can be had on these versus new. My second car only had 700 miles on it. List price £82k. Very heavily specced. I got it for just under £70k. Also no first owner rfl to pay so that's another £2k saved.

Just a thought.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Any half decent dealership should be lending you a car for the day. Especially at this price point.

Discounts? Shy Bairns get nowt. Ask, and they can either say yes or no.
Last edited by wab172uk on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jump in the car - start it up - ask them how to activate launch control and see how it goes

Discounts aren’t unheard of on new Porsche cars….

Also a suspect you’ll get something the Maser

Re dealer ceramic it isn’t all bad . The paint won’t be perfect but having it applied for free now is not the end of the world

You can then get it properly detailed in a year or two
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

My GTS is due in build mid Jan with delivery late Feb or early March hopefully. This is my first New Macan from my local OPC but had my previous Diesel serviced their. I read with interest regarding freebies ie ceramic coating, dash cams, obviously no discount on new but wandering at what point you become cheeky in asking as it no point in asking on the day of collection for dash cams or ceramic coating so would you have these conversations when car is at the OPC prior to PDI and collection?. I was looking at a local company to have the car ceramic coated outside, wheels and interior for £550 which I didn't think was bad but if I can get it free it would be even better.

Happy New Year to all!