Test drive booked

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jon A wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:51 pm

It’s a question of perspective. I think the surround element on the Macan is truly rubbish actually in comparison to our Kia and definitely in comparison to the 992 which offers junction view.
The graphics in the Macan are awful by comparison BUT if you haven’t had surround before it offers some additional view I suppose 🤷‍♂️
Yes, the image quality isn't great (like a lot of Macan software), but Surround View still gives an adequate level of vision to help avoid kerbing the alloys. You mention "junction view" and I think I have this on my Macan.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

andreas wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm
SilkyMacanGTS wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:54 pm
Deposit paid on PRXB9Q82
Nice spec, but I'd prefer Surround View to Lane Change Assist.
It’s a question of perspective. I think the surround element on the Macan is truly rubbish actually in comparison to our Kia and definitely in comparison to the 992 which offers junction view.
The graphics in the Macan are awful by comparison BUT if you haven’t had surround before it offers some additional view I suppose 🤷‍♂️
Sorry Jon, are you saying he should buy a Kia?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The Macan’s design was fixed over 12 years ago so yeah there are limitations.

Surround Cam is Vastly better than standard and worth it over any other Options like Lane Keep Assist which quite frankly if anyone specifies this they really would spend their cash better but taking an Advanced Driving Course with the IAM or ROSPA.

If you want the latest most refined technology DO NOT buy any Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:20 am
andreas wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:00 pm

Nice spec, but I'd prefer Surround View to Lane Change Assist.
Only if he wants better tech, practicality, lower running costs, better warranty and less depreciation. Otherwise no, he should stick with the Macan 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:41 am
Only if he wants better tech, practicality, lower running costs, better warranty and less depreciation. Otherwise no, he should stick with the Macan 😂
And you can get a Kia in papaya 😄
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
SilkyMacanGTS

Post by SilkyMacanGTS »

Got my configuration deadline April 20th with delivery date June 21st

I’m gonna pop into Porsche Nottingham April 5th for a final test drive & nail down my config , see what gadgets I want / need / must have then try not to change anything before April 20th 😀

Thanks for all the advice / comments - all have been helpful & amusing

Shaun
crockers

Post by crockers »

2japs wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:30 am
Jon A wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:41 am
And you can get a Kia in papaya 😄

Oi. 🤣🤣
robbie

Post by robbie »

SilkyMacanGTS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:56 pm Got my configuration deadline April 20th with delivery date June 21st

I’m gonna pop into Porsche Nottingham April 5th for a final test drive & nail down my config , see what gadgets I want / need / must have then try not to change anything before April 20th 😀

Shaun
Did you find it easy to discount the Maserati Grecale Modena or was it this forum that helped you with your final decision to opt for the older technology you find in a Macan................??
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
SilkyMacanGTS

Post by SilkyMacanGTS »

robbie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:44 pm
SilkyMacanGTS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:56 pm Got my configuration deadline April 20th with delivery date June 21st

Shaun
Did you find it easy to discount the Maserati Grecale Modena or was it this forum that helped you with your final decision to opt for the older technology you find in a Macan................??
It took 2-test drives in each, innumerate you tube videos and a couple of other showroom visits before I opted for the Porsche.

Whatever technology the Porsche has, it’s new to me so that in all honesty wasn’t at the forefront of my thinking.

The Python green , the drive ability for me and just the general look of the Macan won me over but it was close.

The resale of the Grecale was a consideration too , maybe in a few years time I may swap the Macan for the Grecale, who knows. Plus Maserati wanted 27K for the car colours I preferred

I just opted for the car I liked most is what I’m saying.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Surround View on the Macan does have junction view (it's just called front panoramic) and you can program it in to the diamond button on the steering wheel. Really useful feature.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel