Autocar Macan Best SUV for Best for driver appeal

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

PJV997 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:39 am
pmg wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:36 am not a surprise but

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/best ... -best-suvs
And also (although not personally a fan) surprised a Full Fat Range Rover wasn’t named as a category winner of some sort.
It was... Luxury Class: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/best ... uxury-suvs

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Then there's that old favourite...

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 11.24.58.png

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

andreas wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:52 am

USA design at its finest with the Rimac.
Errr.. that's a Rivian.

This is a Rimac...

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.10.19.png
So it is, I even looked up the make yet still put down the wrong make.

Rivian were the support vehicles in the Ewan McGreggor and Charley Borman motorcycle series “Long Way Up”.

I blame the cheap booze I got for Christmas for my befuddled state.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

usual rubbish from auto mags , don't wont at upset any manufactuer so they get asked back again.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Talking of Rimac......

"Rimac's next supercar might not be powered only by batteries, as the company is looking into the viability of a radical new technology that generates electricity using liquid fuels like diesel.

Speaking to Autocar recently, founder and boss Mate Rimac gave hints at what the next steps might look like for the Croatian brand, which is well underway with production of its second car, the 1877bhp Nevera EV.

“Rimac isn’t exclusively electric – it’s doing whatever is most exciting at the time,” he said, revealing that it’s “working on” a programme that will determine if so-called nanotubes can be an effective source of energy for a vehicle.

In essence, the idea is to superheat “chemically different” liquid fuels to generate electricity that could then be used to power an electric motor, thereby replacing the battery in an electric drivetrain.

Mate Rimac cited liquefied petroleum gas, hydrogen and diesel as examples of fuels that could be used to power this arrangement. He revealed that his company had identified a start-up experimenting with the tech on a small scale and that tests had suggested nanotubes could operate at 80% efficiency, when the average for an internal combustion engine is 30%.

The by-products of this process, said Rimac, include CO2 and other gases but far less than is emitted by any conventional ICE.

He believes the programme has potentially significant implications for the whole car industry but “especially sports cars”, implying that there are substantial weight savings and packaging advantages to be gained by removing the battery from an electric drivetrain. "
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Am very thankful that people like Mate Rimac and his company exist. They give me hope
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:09 pm Am very thankful that people like Mate Rimac and his company exist. They give me hope
Don't get it too high, the green, vested interests and bureaucrats, who insist on prescribing solutions (e.g. catalytic converters) instead of outcomes (emmission targets) and so throttle inovation will see fossil fuel and just ban it in the jerk of a knee. 😭😢😤
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP