space for dogs?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

So I went to look at a Macan Turbo today but unfortunately, the car sold just before I got to see it but I did have a nose around some other Macans. My worry is the boot space headroom for my dogs as it seems to be very tight roof closure to the seat back how are others with dogs finding it ?
GSD size dogs, thx.

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Two cockapoos fit...

IMG-20231029-WA0000.jpg

We took them along for a trial fit before buying the car. You really have to do this to know.
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Ample room for our Dalmatian, who likes to sit up and look out of the rear screen. Much happier than in the BMW 1 series we had before. I'd have thought it would be fine for a GSD.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

We tried and soon stopped, she now goes on the back seat which is covered with large microfibre towels.

We found that there is not much space between the seat back and the closed boot lid and it was causing her distress.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
2japs

Post by 2japs »

No problem with my two Shi -Tzu, small dogs tho…
Mind you my vet has increased the prices for their monthly flea tablets as they have recategorised them as medium dogs. Money making or what!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

2japs wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 am No problem with my two Shi -Tzu, small dogs tho…
Mind you my vet has increased the prices for their monthly flea tablets as they have recategorised them as medium dogs. Money making or what!
MONTHLY !!!

Ours has one tablet every 12 weeks and we shop around for sourcing.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:04 am
2japs wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 am No problem with my two Shi -Tzu, small dogs tho…
MONTHLY !!!

Ours has one tablet every 12 weeks and we shop around for sourcing.
Yeah, Nexguard,also for various other indications, the missus sorts it out, I just pay for them 😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

Thank you all! Col I,m going to go your way the back seat will work much better and I will get one of those covers(hammock) that attach to the back and front seats.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

We rarely have rear seat passengers so as others, we've got a generic rear seat cover from Amazon and a couple of towels laid on top. Dog is well happy as he gets to look between the seats out of the windscreen. Also, he has a nice bit of fresh air if I crack open the sunroof a little
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Rear seat hammock is the way forward. Clean comfortable easy
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'