Water ingress not sorted!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jdsouza

Post by Jdsouza »

Hi, I’ve read so many threads on this forum about water ingress from the panoramic sunroof. But I’m a bit desperate. The car has been in 4 times with no solution.
They’ve cleaned the drains then cleaned them again because they apparently missed some debris.
Then they reset the sunroof because it wasn’t in the correct alignment or something.
But there is still a leak. It went back in and they water tested it without a leak, but there is still water in the passenger footwell after heavy rain.
Has anyone else had this issue or have suggestions as to the source of the leak?
It’s three years old and before this started I bought an extra 2 years of warranty. But now I feel I should sell it instead.
Last edited by Jdsouza on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jdsouza

Post by Jdsouza »

I’m sorry, I forgot to say it’s a Macan.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Tell them to give you a Macan loaner until it's sorted. Demonstrated by being power washed from every angle for 10 minutes. Also escalate it to porsche gb.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:56 pm Tell them to give you a Macan loaner until it's sorted. Demonstrated by being power washed from every angle for 10 minutes. Also escalate it to porsche gb.
+1

Enough is enough.

Maybe its time to go to another OPC?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Is it only ever the front passenger footwell? I'm not too sure on the Macan, but other VAG cars in the past have been susceptible to water ingress via the ventilation system. It's due to the seal around the air filter plenum chamber not being fitted correctly. Water from the windscreen and scuttle areas can enter via this route and end up in the passenger footwell. The problem can be exacerbated by blocked, or partially blocked, scuttle drains.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I had the same with my Aston. Dealer bought it back as they couldn't fix it.
And my Merc. Merc UK bought it back at full price after 6 months.
Jezzerr

Post by Jezzerr »

Have same issue ongoing - will report back next week when car is returned to me
qnoor

Post by qnoor »

Ive had a similar water leak in my Macan due to blocked drainage linked to my pano roof. Somehow the blocked drain caused rain water to back flow into my boot
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Like this?:

CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

Gen 1 Water Ingress

It took three attempts to get it fixed.

Attempt 1: Fixed blocked drain (Failed within few days)
Attempt 2: Used sealant aronud the weather strip (Failed again within few days)
Attempt 3: Took down the whole roofliner and replaced the cassette (Sold the car in the end and now waiting to collect a new Gen 3 S next week with no roof)

The whole saga lasted 3 months...Luckily all costs covered by warranty