Main dealer damaged my car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

andreas wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:08 pm You've had a horrible, and thankfully unusual, experience. If Leicester sold you the car with Porsche Approved warranty, they should have carried out a 111-point check first. You say the car had a suspect service history - this should have been noted and they wouldn't have been able to issue the Porsche warranty. You now find the car may also have had a substandard paint job prior to your buying it - again this should have been noted on a 111-point check and warranty declined.

Your experience with Bournemouth is almost comical; how on earth they could make such a mess of things is astonishing.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take the car to a Porsche-approved bodyshop and get them to fix the paint. If there are remaining water ingress issues, get them to fix those too. Pay for it yourself. Then sue Leicester and Bournemouth OPCs jointly, it's well within the County Court Small Claims limit. Sue for loss of use too (or hire a replacement car and sue for the cost of that). In my experience of County Court claims, the whole sorry saga would more than likely lead a judge to find in your favour. Actually, what's more likely is that Leicester and/or Bournemouth will simply settle to avoid the cost and potential adverse publicity of being dragged into court.

The fact that Porsche GB have made a conditional offer to you will strengthen your claim.

You don't need a solicitor to issue a County Court claim, and it sounds as if your solicitor isn't keen to get involved anyway! The important thing is to set out your claim in a totally factual way, and as simply as possible (eg short numbered paragraphs) so the judge (if it gets that far) can easily navigate the salient points. I've done this a number of times, only one of which failed to get me everything I'd asked for. If I can help further in any way, please message me.
Brilliant Andreas and very well put. 100% this ☝️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

crockers

Post by crockers »

How long have you owned the car ? I personally would be looking at the selling OPC to take it back and refund my purchase price. As has been said it was sold to your as a Porsche warrantied car but doesn't qualify for it so you've bought a product no as described.

All IMHO of course.

My granddaughter bought a diamond ring with the GIA cert. Upon it being examined it was proven the certificate didn't correspond to the stone as sold. The jewellery hummed and hawed but within the hour he went next door to Barclays and gave her the purchase price in cash.
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Bought the car in September 2022 with 2 yr warranty, done 10k miles, with 2 months off the road due to this problem. good point though, not as described, thank you.
Possibly a mis-sold warranty as the vehicle may not have complied with the 111 point check conditions. i.e Not serviced properly and defective paint?
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:24 pm Without prejudice: Bought the car off Leicester, good enough dealership but failed to note that it had not been serviced properly in 28000 miles, only ever had minor oil changes nothing else, although pdk oil had been changed along with a new transfer box, went to Bournemouth and then things just went seriously down hill from there, these guys are so incompetent I would never go back, the satnav was rubbish so I asked if it could be upgraded, charged me £300 for upgrade to the same level as it already had, they did refund me but they should have checked first, abs sensor fault, it went back a few times before eventually they replaced all under warranty, booked for full service, got 3 different quotes as they could not decide what the car needed, in the end they did the service which was a major one, the PDK oil got changed again for £300+ however they wanted to unblock the sunroof drains as this was part of the service, I was not going to pay £400 for this so in the end they did this for free to keep the 40 point check up to date for the warranty, they only drained the brake fluid from one half of the front calipers and meanwhile they completely forgot to change the 38000 miles old original fuel filter ( had to go back and they did it for free) and I asked for the service history for the car which did not arrive, meanwhile the car which had never leaked developed two bad leaks into the drivers footwell and into the rear fuse box, back it went, and they had it 2 weeks, it was apparently fixed but then I drove the car and the windows steamed up and the instrument cluster fogged along with the chrono clock so back it went, another 2 weeks and the car came back with jetwash damage to the front wing area of the bonnet, the denials started from there 'oh sir we will get you a quote for the repair', 'it is an old repair and the water has got underneath it' 'not our fault' etc. when the car came back there was a rattling in the boot and I discovered that everything that had been under the boot floor had just been chucked in the boot not even tidied, just a poor show and no customer care whatsoever. I eventually chiselled the service history out of them and discovered the sorry story. I am never going back to them nor would I recommend them either.
Out of interest and benefit for everyone on here, how did you know they only drained the fluid from one half of the front calipers?
Mine was changed in November and would be interested to see if it is the same!
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

They said the front pads were worn out and I did not wish to pay the sum they wanted to replace them, I am a master mechanic so I do work like that myself, they had changed the brake fluid a few days before I carried out the work. On the front brake clam caliper you have two bleed nipples one each side, in order to fully replenish the fluid, one has to open both nipples otherwise old fluid will be left in the caliper, when I changed the pads I checked to see if both nipples had fluid under the caps, only one did so old fluid will still be present, now on a high performance car that is not clever.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:23 am They said the front pads were worn out and I did not wish to pay the sum they wanted to replace them, I am a master mechanic so I do work like that myself, they had changed the brake fluid a few days before I carried out the work. On the front brake clam caliper you have two bleed nipples one each side, in order to fully replenish the fluid, one has to open both nipples otherwise old fluid will be left in the caliper, when I changed the pads I checked to see if both nipples had fluid under the caps, only one did so old fluid will still be present, now on a high performance car that is not clever.
👍
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

What is the outcome of your discussions with the selling OPC and servicing OPC?
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Shame, it appears OP has vented his frustration, got good advice on here and is not going to enlighten us with the all important conclusion of the issue!
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

🤔hmmm! very interesting. Whilst I don't particularly like main stealers, it's a pity to name and shame and then not follow up with the conclusion.
One of the stealers is my local OPC and the service people on the front desk have always gone out of their way to make sure the back room issues are dealt with before it impacts me. Actually they work their butts off! Sure the dealer has faults but no more so than Audi and BMW that I dealt with before. I do probably pay far more to a Porsche OPC though🤔
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Two sides to every story - be good to get the OPC's side.