Brake fluid change

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

GWL wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:00 pm Had a quote from Porsche Reading for brake fluid change. £280.
Update : Just rang Guildford OPC, same price, £280.
Reading and Guildford OPCs are both owned by Porsche Retail Group and will generally quote the same high prices and decline to discount. Try an independently-owned OPC.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Humm - yes my quote of £280 has just been confirmed from Hatfield which I think is also PRG.

They also want my car for two days to carry out a minor service (no oil change) and two recalls. Is 2 days really necessary for this work and has anybody else heard of the recalls on the Bose speaker and Park assist - the latter my car doesn't have?
2japs

Post by 2japs »

HertsMacan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:02 pm Humm - yes my quote of £280 has just been confirmed from Hatfield which I think is also PRG.

They also want my car for two days to carry out a minor service (no oil change) and two recalls. Is 2 days really necessary for this work and has anybody else heard of the recalls on the Bose speaker and Park assist - the latter my car doesn't have?
My 07/2022 S is going in for oil service in March along with the two updates you mentioned above, car required for only the one day.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

2japs wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:38 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:02 pm Humm - yes my quote of £280 has just been confirmed from Hatfield which I think is also PRG.

My 07/2022 S is going in for oil service in March along with the two updates you mentioned above, car required for only the one day.
Thought so - Will have to accept their terms I suppose, but its all for their convenience. They (Hatfield) are competitive on the minor service but extortionate for the Brake fluid change, so Kwik fit here I come for £50 worth and take the misses out on the £230 saved.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

gasgas1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:46 am try testing the fluid to see if it needs changing.
I agree, it probably don't need changing and this is all just a money spinner for the OPC's. But to avoid the wriggling out of a possible future warranty claim, I'll get Kwik fit to change it using Porsche recommended fluid. At four years old, once the warranty is out, I'll probably get one of those testers which has been recommended on here and see if it needs changing.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Kwick Fit? Long gone are Mr Farmer's excellent spanner weilders around Edinburgh. I fear for your bleed nipples...................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
andreas

Post by andreas »

bennachie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:42 pm Kwick Fit? Long gone are Mr Farmer's excellent spanner weilders around Edinburgh. I fear for your bleed nipples...................
Their website says they still have 7 centres in Edinburgh.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Indeed they do but in 'the good old days' they had great techs and only 1 centre. We are talking '70.......................................................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Sir Tom Farmer opened the first Kwik Fit location in McDonald Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1971.

In October 1999, Kwik Fit had grown to over two thousand locations throughout Europe, and Farmer sold the company to the Ford Motor Company for US$1.6bn.[4] A decision by Ford to concentrate on its core business, led to the sale of Kwik Fit in August 2002, to CVC Capital Partners. In June 2005, Kwik Fit was sold for £800m, to PAI Partners, a leading French-based private equity firm.

In June 2011, Kwik Fit was acquired by ITOCHU Corporation, who also operate Stapletons (Tyre Services) Ltd, the UKs largest tyre wholesaler. ITOCHU Corporation was founded in 1858 and has grown into one of Japan's leading trading companies.

Sir Tom then started Farmer Autocentres and today has 20 centres across Central Scotland.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

andreas wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:37 pm
bennachie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:42 pm Kwick Fit? Long gone are Mr Farmer's excellent spanner weilders around Edinburgh. I fear for your bleed nipples...................
Their website says they still have 7 centres in Edinburgh.
I'm confused, are we talking about the same company. Kwik Fit have over 500 locations across the UK and four within 10 miles of where I live?