Handy tips

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
dammitjanet

Post by dammitjanet »

DJMCUK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 pm Do we all know about the double HOLD feature on the Macan?

I haven't RTFM and only discovered it from someone here.
I do, and it's purely because all the Mercs I've had, had the function and I asked about it on the test drive

Those who are unaware, when you press the brake, at a certain point when the vehicle is stopped, pressing the brake pedal again will give you a HOLD at which point you can release the brake entirely with the brakes on fully. which is very useful as no parking brake required and makes hill starts a doddle as it will automatically release when the accelerator is pressed
Macan T in Copper Ruby Metallic - Porsche Code: PREQZZZ8

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

dammitjanet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:37 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 pm Do we all know about the double HOLD feature on the Macan?

I do, and it's purely because all the Mercs I've had, had the function and I asked about it on the test drive

Those who are unaware, when you press the brake, at a certain point when the vehicle is stopped, pressing the brake pedal again will give you a HOLD at which point you can release the brake entirely with the brakes on fully. which is very useful as no parking brake required and makes hill starts a doddle as it will automatically release when the accelerator is pressed
Yes, plus... the hill hold doesn't need a stab on the brake pedal as it applies automatically when stopped on a sufficiently steep hill circa 5 degrees. "HOLD" light illuminates to show it's on.
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I never use mine as it is such a poor design, on my previous car it activated automatically when the car came to a stop and it was from the same manufacturing group. Why Porsche think they need to re-engineer something that is already excellent to use.

I just put the handbrake on myself now.
Scoobyd

Post by Scoobyd »

DJMCUK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm
dammitjanet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:37 pm

Yes, plus... the hill hold doesn't need a stab on the brake pedal as it applies automatically when stopped on a sufficiently steep hill circa 5 degrees. "HOLD" light illuminates to show it's on.
Which I find a source of frustration as I park on my drive which has an incline, as it keeps engaging hold whilst I'm still trying to creep up it, and I have to accelerate more firmly than I'd like to override it and continue up the drive. Makes it harder to drive on the throttle. One day I'll likely fly through my house :D
Porsche Macan GTS Gen 1
2003 E46 BMW 330ci Sport Convertible
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm sure I can hear a frantic thumbing of FM pages! Can't say I've pegged what you mean so can't answer one way or the other 🤷‍♂️
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Not a Porsche specific tip - I first used these when I had to get a family of four into an M3 saloon for a ski trip, with our ski gear.

These space saver vacuum bags compress soft clothing, bedding, towels and similar into a fraction of the space. Never had an issue with creasing clothing and on our current trip have been great for some bedding, towels and dog stuff we’ve brought along.

I bought from Argos over 10 years ago and they come with lifetime replacement guarantee. Quick check on Argos website shows that assorted sizes pack of 6 or 8 bags are available for £10 and £15 respectively.

IMG_5259.jpeg

Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

PJV997 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:58 am Not a Porsche specific tip - I first used these when I had to get a family of four into an M3 saloon for a ski trip, with our ski gear.

These space saver vacuum bags compress soft clothing, bedding, towels and similar into a fraction of the space. Never had an issue with creasing clothing and on our current trip have been great for some bedding, towels and dog stuff we’ve brought along.

I bought from Argos over 10 years ago and they come with lifetime replacement guarantee. Quick check on Argos website shows that assorted sizes pack of 6 or 8 bags are available for £10 and £15 respectively.

IMG_5259.jpeg
The Porsche Vacuum Voidenluftenmacher costs €1999
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
crockers

Post by crockers »

PJV997 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:58 am Not a Porsche specific tip - I first used these when I had to get a family of four into an M3 saloon for a ski trip, with our ski gear.

IMG_5259.jpeg
So correct me if I’m wrong. You use these bags to save space and then use this extra space to fit Henry in your car 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

IMG_5259.jpeg
What about packing for the return journey?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:02 pm

IMG_5259.jpeg
What about packing for the return journey?
Borrow the chalet maid's vacuum cleaner?