Gen 3 Macan S Oil Service

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
robbie

Post by robbie »

CKMAC wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm I am due to collect my new Gen 3 S tomorrow. Just notice from the Porsche Connect App that the next oil service will be in 12 months or at 10k miles, but next inspection/service will be in 24 months or at 20k miles.

Is the oil change interval at 12months correct?
The 12 months shown for an oil change is the 'default' until the engine starts to monitor your driving, if you manage to maintain fairly longish trips you will gradually see the oil change requirement move from 12 months towards the 2yrs so it then aligns with your first 2yrs service. It took my 'S' a few months to go from 12 months at collection to 24 months because I only drive the car for long trips, I use my wife's Fiat 500EV for all the short stuff. But if you do a lot of short trips then you will see the oil change interval will start to move the other way and you could well be invited back to your OPC for your first oil change well within the first year of ownership. So very conditional on how you decide to use your new car.
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

robbie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:09 pm
CKMAC wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm I am due to collect my new Gen 3 S tomorrow. Just notice from the Porsche Connect App that the next oil service will be in 12 months or at 10k miles, but next inspection/service will be in 24 months or at 20k miles.

Is the oil change interval at 12months correct?
The 12 months shown for an oil change is the 'default' until the engine starts to monitor your driving, if you manage to maintain fairly longish trips you will gradually see the oil change requirement move from 12 months towards the 2yrs so it then aligns with your first 2yrs service. It took my 'S' a few months to go from 12 months at collection to 24 months because I only drive the car for long trips, I use my wife's Fiat 500EV for all the short stuff. But if you do a lot of short trips then you will see the oil change interval will start to move the other way and you could well be invited back to your OPC for your first oil change well within the first year of ownership. So very conditional on how you decide to use your new car.
Spot on and if you search you can find a few howls of anquish about the forum from folk who have had an oil change requested by the car after as little as 2,500 miles!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:46 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm
SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:52 pm My Gen2 Macan is showing today the Oil Service due in 19 days, but the 4yr Service is not due until late May.

The OPC that I use has suggested doing the two together in early May. This will save me a second two hours driving to and fro the dealership, plus a second BMW loan car insurance charge of £15.
Personally, I'd get it in writing that they've agreed to this AND that the delay won't be detrimental to the car.

A future purchaser, including Porsche, may query why the oil service was delayed and knock you down on price.

We were about to walk away prior to buying our S last Oct when the service book showed two minor 2yr services in a row rather than a minor and a major (or vice versa). The SA scurried off and returned with the "major" invoice for the one incorrectly written in as minor. We've kept this invoice in the service book and another copy elsewhere. The system service record cannot be corrected we were advised.

AND... is it the norm to pay for loan car insurance?? We've had four loan Macans so far, albeit for warranty work, and all were insured FOC with a free tank of fuel to boot (well, near the boot).
I do have it in writing.

The loan car is free of charge, but the insurance is no longer free. Huge hike in insurance costs for all.....don't blame them for off setting it.
I querried with the OPC that I use and here is their reply....

"The charge for the courtesy car insurance came in around 18 months ago due to a change in insurance company. The excess has reduced from £1,000 to £500 but unfortunately will not be able to waiver the charge as we get charged £15 per car to insure."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
2japs

Post by 2japs »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:10 am
SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:46 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm

Personally, I'd get it in writing that they've agreed to this AND that the delay won't be detrimental to the car.

A future purchaser, including Porsche, may query why the oil service was delayed and knock you down on price.

We were about to walk away prior to buying our S last Oct when the service book showed two minor 2yr services in a row rather than a minor and a major (or vice versa). The SA scurried off and returned with the "major" invoice for the one incorrectly written in as minor. We've kept this invoice in the service book and another copy elsewhere. The system service record cannot be corrected we were advised.

AND... is it the norm to pay for loan car insurance?? We've had four loan Macans so far, albeit for warranty work, and all were insured FOC with a free tank of fuel to boot (well, near the boot).
I do have it in writing.

The loan car is free of charge, but the insurance is no longer free. Huge hike in insurance costs for all.....don't blame them for off setting it.
I querried with the OPC that I use and here is their reply....

"The charge for the courtesy car insurance came in around 18 months ago due to a change in insurance company. The excess has reduced from £1,000 to £500 but unfortunately will not be able to waiver the charge as we get charged £15 per car to insure."
My car in for oil service today, received a panamera 4 loan car, no charge but £1k excess, no mileage restrictions etc, just asked to put some petrol in to cover miles travelled.

Using man maths and wonder what it would cost to hire one for the day and offset against OPC cost. 🤷
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've booked an oil change today to make sure I get it done before the Leipzig trip in June. Loan car offered and accepted but no mention of any cost attached (yet). Stockport have quoted £335.05 for the oil though, a pleasant surprise!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

My last loaner was 'free'

Last week
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:12 pm I've booked an oil change today to make sure I get it done before the Leipzig trip in June. Loan car offered and accepted but no mention of any cost attached (yet). Stockport have quoted £335.05 for the oil though, a pleasant surprise!
Yes, £335 that's a good price 👍 for Porsche anyway , Newcastle charged me £427!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:12 pm I've booked an oil change today to make sure I get it done before the Leipzig trip in June. Loan car offered and accepted but no mention of any cost attached (yet). Stockport have quoted £335.05 for the oil though, a pleasant surprise!
Sounds like around £50 for oil and filter and an hours labour? Probably nearer half an hour to actually do but minimum charge will be an hour I would guess.
All in all, expensive for a normal car but reasonable in Porsche land 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:48 pm
Sounds like around £50 for oil and filter and an hours labour? Probably nearer half an hour to actually do but minimum charge will be an hour I would guess.
All in all, expensive for a normal car but reasonable in Porsche land 👍
8 litres of Mobil 1 and a filter for £50! Clearly you haven’t bought engine oil for some time 🤭
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
crockers

Post by crockers »

Just thinking…..how much does it cost the OPC running a small fleet of Porsche loan cars? To be honest if it saved me a good wedge I’d be happy with a VW for the day.