What a tool.............. (new vehicle, as requested)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congratulations!! Looks great!!

Keep in touch…! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

crockers

Post by crockers »

Lovely looking car. Congratulations. Would love to see some interior shots too.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Lovely car, really nice. I nearly bought a CT two years ago.......

As a lifelong petrol head I love the sound of a great engine but strangely I also loved the sound of silence in the Taycan. Almost other worldly as you slide silently out of car parks etc and then boot it up the road, also in silence!

Enjoy the new car and I hope it all works out well.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

It’s really beautiful. Great to hear the ride quality and the interior are impressing you. I hear the cross turismo has amazing traction in slippery conditions.

Probably will be important to get the home recharging outlet installed soon as it will be a very different experience using public chargers (and reportedly bad for the batteries to use rapid chargers too often). I too will be very interested to read your continued observations as you use the car more.

I only know one Taycan owner well and she is a bit intimidated by the width of the car on country roads, but I guess if she drove it more she would manage better. Me? I only sat in one in a showroom and I’m probably a bit too old and fat to get in and out of it easily these days. It’s very low. But I think I would enjoy the refinement of the silent pull away, and the instant punch without being compromised by a gearbox.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking machine / tool :D

Interior appears to look great too. Photos would be good if you can be bothered.

Enjoy :D :D :D
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Thanks for the comments. I shall lurk here for a while (I have spare wheels to move on!)

I'll grab some interior shots today.

BUT, guess what...............it's raining
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

For now

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:16 pm It’s really beautiful. Great to hear the ride quality and the interior are impressing you. I hear the cross turismo has amazing traction in slippery conditions.

Probably will be important to get the home recharging outlet installed soon as it will be a very different experience using public chargers (and reportedly bad for the batteries to use rapid chargers too often). I too will be very interested to read your continued observations as you use the car more.

I only know one Taycan owner well and she is a bit intimidated by the width of the car on country roads, but I guess if she drove it more she would manage better. Me? I only sat in one in a showroom and I’m probably a bit too old and fat to get in and out of it easily these days. It’s very low. But I think I would enjoy the refinement of the silent pull away, and the instant punch without being compromised by a gearbox.
Sounds as if you're a prime candidate for the MacanEV
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:16 pm
I only know one Taycan owner well and she is a bit intimidated by the width of the car on country roads, but I guess if she drove it more she would manage better. Me? I only sat in one in a showroom and I’m probably a bit too old and fat to get in and out of it easily these days. It’s very low.
I think the Cross Turismo is less low slung than the other Taycan models? 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:46 pm
I think the Cross Turismo is less low slung than the other Taycan models? 🤔
The seating position is the same in all the Taycans. But with the CT it's possible to pump the air suspension up a bit.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)