Airbag light

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
macanguy45

Post by macanguy45 »

airbag light comes on and off intermittently on 2017 Macan turbo w/pp. I checked my cars vin and there are no recalls associated with it, although I am aware there were some problems with the airbag sensor that year and recalls for other models, not my vin, I have called and confirmed there are none for mine. seems to act up more after or while I have a passenger so I suspect (almost positive) this is for the passenger airbag. also when I have a passenger the amber indicator that says airbag on off will randomly switch to off and I'll get the dash light. this makes me think its the airbag weight sensor pad that deteriorates easily that other cars had a recall for but not mine. I tried to put my hand under the seat to see if any wires were loose tried to push one wire in, heard a click, problem went away for a couple minutes only to return to how it was before, so this could have done nothing or done something, unsure because it goes on and off intermitantly anyways. any advice? no water was spilled on the seat that I know of before it started acting up the way it has been. I first noticed in 4 months 3000 miles ago it came on once and turned off. I'm taking it to my mechanic Monday to take a look but if it's the sensor pad as I suspect I will be filing a NHTSA as clearly they did not recall enough of these cars and I should not be paying put of pocket for this.

IMG_3815.JPG

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Multi plug under the seat needs to be checked first.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
macanguy45

Post by macanguy45 »

can you provide step by step instruction. tried sticking my hand under there but i dont know what I'm doing and its pretty tight under there. may just leave it for my indy Monday
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Put seat up to max height and just have a wiggle of the plug to make sure it is fully engaged
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'