What a (good) day

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OTR costs should only be RFL and first registration fee. Any other costs request they be removed. And the franchises are required to supply a full tank of fuel, it isn’t a ‘freebie’.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:39 pm OTR costs should only be RFL and first registration fee. Any other costs request they be removed. And the franchises are required to supply a full tank of fuel, it isn’t a ‘freebie’.

Thank you
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yorkshire Mac wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:54 pm Thanks all for the suggestions and feedback. The car will be a long-term keep (6 years probably, like my current Audi SQ5) and so I am definitely speccing this for me as the primary focus, not residual value.

Thoughts on the various posts:

Surround cam - agree, this will almost definitely make the final spec.
Other driver aids - ACC, speed recognition etc. I agree with @Col Lamb and @SAC1, these are not needed if you are "driving"
Black - had a couple of black cars and my wife has had one. I know entirely what I am letting myself in for, but when cleaned, polished and waxed there's no better colour. I enjoy spending time on this. 2nd choice was volcano grey, but called in to Leeds OPC today and there was a new black GTS in the showroom ready for collection. Black it is. No question.
Red GTS sticker - saw one today, and thought it was too much - prefer the subtle silver sticker. The red brake callipers and elements of the GTS interior are spot on for the look I am trying to achieve.
Puddle lights - chosen purely because I have audi equivalents at the mo and haven't in 6 years tired of seeing the four rings on the floor when I open the door.
Auto dim mirrors - agree no needed for RVM, this is specced for the wing mirrors. Again, have this at the moment and like them.
Bose - listen to radio, or exhaust, so I just don't need it.
Rails - simply prefer the look with out them. Never carry anything on roof, so not needed.

The main item I am still debating is the sunroof. Originally I was thinking I would not add but car I drove had one, and my wife regrets not speccing one in her car.

One thing I have been trying to work out is the OTR price v the confuserator price. RFL appears to be £2,600, but is there any other costs the OPC add? I have been looking at the cars listed on the "used" website, but there doesn't seem to be any set amount.

Whilst i will have the PDLS by going for the GTS, the one thing I will miss is the Matrix LED. These are simply superb and it's a shame these can't be specified.

Cheers
If in doubt about about the sunroof I'd leave it. It was on the preowned Gen 2 I bought and I used it once / twice. The same so far with my Gen 3 this past two years. Think I must prefer a nice and dark cabin
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

🦇

;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

On the other hand - love my pano roof. Yes it adds weight, yes it may have potential future drainage issues but who really wants to drive around in a dark man cave 🤣.

If it’s not raining and too windy mine is open, maybe not always fully. During summer always open unless sun is really blazing and if it’s a warm night it’s fantastic open.

I regularly nourish the rubber seals and clean any gunk that might begin to accumulate in the channels - preventative maintenance.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

May be better to have something you don’t use rather than want to use something you don’t have… 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:51 pm May be better to have something you don’t use rather than want to use something you don’t have… 🤔
you having a philosophical Friday night?? ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

Jon A wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:51 pm May be better to have something you don’t use rather than want to use something you don’t have… 🤔
My kind of thinking :D
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

pmg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:11 pm
you having a philosophical Friday night?? ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:
I do try to keep it to Fridays 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Yorkshire Mac wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:47 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:39 pm OTR costs should only be RFL and first registration fee. Any other costs request they be removed. And the franchises are required to supply a full tank of fuel, it isn’t a ‘freebie’.

Thank you
If you are buying from JCT 600 you won’t get a full tank of fuel, trust me I know 😡

Nice spec and congrats on such a low lead time.

As for options, it’s a case of one man’s meat is another man’s poison 🤷
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)