First service add ons

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

DJMCUK wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:05 pm BTW, checking the drains IS now a standard part of a service for Macans.
Are you saying this is now in Porsche's schedule of work to be carried out? If so, it shouldn't be appearing as a separate charge, as OPCs regularly do.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wheels off, shields removed, drains checked and cleared if necessary, shields refitted, wheels on.

One hours work maximum, zero materials cost.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:23 pm The Macan's in for its first service (24 months). All looking good on the video report the OPC sent me

They've suggested : Checking, modifying and clearing all drains. Bulkhead and Sunroof for any debris to prevent blockage or water ingress (£562)

My car's kept in a garage so whilst it obviously gets wet when it rains it should in theory accumulate too much debris, so my inclination is to pass, esp given the cost - however am mindful of the many postings here about how the pano roof drains can get blocked.

I assume the above isn't a crazy pov to take?

They've also suggested an air con service. It's working just fine so that's a definite no.

Thanks everyone.
That's an outrageous charge. When I had the 2yr service done, they tried to charge me for "checking, cleaning and modification". I told I has not authorised this work. So the Service Manager backed down, removed the charge, but admitted that they now snip off the ends of the drain tubes as a matter of course.

I've booked in for the 4yr service in May. This time they want to charge £65 "to check the drain tubes are clear". As I do not park under trees and have had no issues, then I will be challenging this charge too.

Like you, I do not have the air-con serviced / recharged; it's working just fine.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Careful! If you decline the work it may invalidate your Warranty.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

To quote you £562 to check the drains means they think you are a mug. Whether you are, or not, is dependant on if you agree to that charge!
Last edited by HertsMacan on Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

HertsMacan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:02 pm Careful! If you decline the work it may invalidate your Warranty.
Yep, and if you decline the car valet, which I always do, it may invalidate your paint work warranty :D
Macan S MY 2023
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Re Drains being included in the standard service

I can email them to see whether they are

Is there anything official anyone has that confirms that they are?
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Oil service completed last Tuesday and they wanted to change the battery in the fob, Id changed it 3 days earlier 🤷
Also stated wipers smudging, recommend new ones , i cleaned and checked them before service and worked fine, no issues or scrubbing 🤷

Plastic brake things broken, did ask why not covered under warranty but apparently they are a service item along with discs and pads, fortunately cost was only £57, parts ordered in and fixed today.

No mention of any additional work but this may arise at 2 year mark at the end of July.

Checked my pano drains yesterday and 4 telltale puddles of water under the car 👍 I didn’t charge myself £65 😄
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 pm Re Drains being included in the standard service

I didn't say it was included in the service but it is a standard check at each 2yr service point. It will appear as an extra cost on your invoice.

If you prefer, it's an additional, chargeable, "service" provided each time you have a service.

As for snipping the ends off the drains I have issues with this. As I understand it the drains are pinched closed at the end when dry and open under pressure from the water in the tube when wet...

If the ends are snipped off, what's to stop road muck getting into the end of the tube and blocking it? Again it's a crap design either way. You either get roof debris blocking the tube as it builds up behind the pinched end OR you get road debris thrown up into it if the tube is snipped. How do other manufacturers avoid this? Or don't they?

NB. Video from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=11929
robbie

Post by robbie »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 pm Re Drains being included in the standard service

I think each OPC does their own things here, it is worth checking what is 'included' within your service, I checked with Tewkesbury OPC and they confirm that 'checking' drains is included as a standard job and is part of each and every service they carry out, BUT if they then find any drains blocked then they prepare a quote for your due consideration. He wouldn't tell me how much they charge to unblock a blocked drain but most defo this work is not included within your standard service. Also I was told that if 'they' cut the ends of the drain tubes off then that, you guessed it, invalidates your warranty sir :) :)
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018