First service add ons

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

The Macan's in for its first service (24 months). All looking good on the video report the OPC sent me

They've suggested : Checking, modifying and clearing all drains. Bulkhead and Sunroof for any debris to prevent blockage or water ingress (£562)

My car's kept in a garage so whilst it obviously gets wet when it rains it should in theory accumulate too much debris, so my inclination is to pass, esp given the cost - however am mindful of the many postings here about how the pano roof drains can get blocked.

I assume the above isn't a crazy pov to take?

They've also suggested an air con service. It's working just fine so that's a definite no.

Thanks everyone.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

£562 just seems like such a ridiculous price :roll: :roll:

Was that including vat :lol:
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:31 pm £562 just seems like such a ridiculous price :roll: :roll:

Was that including vat :lol:
Huge isn't it! They haven't said it it's with / without VAT
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Mine's outside all of the time but not near any trees etc.

If I get offered this 'opportunity' it'll be an absolute 'No thanks' ;)
Macan S MY 2023
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Brooklands quoted £100 to check/clean on my first service whilst my own OPC didnt even mention it back in Jan this year.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
andreas

Post by andreas »

My car's now had 3 services, at two different OPCs, and every time I've been told they need to check/clear the roof drains and "service" the aircon. Every time I've declined. At the last service, I also told them I didn't want them to put an overpriced litre of Mobil ! in the boot, and nor did I want a bottle of Porsche windscreen additive, and these two items shaved around £30 off the bill.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:48 pm Brooklands quoted £100 to check/clean on my first service whilst my own OPC didnt even mention it back in Jan this year.
This ^^^^

I was told £120 when I enquired, but i recall that was just a check, not a clean.

How do they check the drains? I guess they pour some water into the sunroof surround and check it comes out of the drains.

But at £562 your OPC are assuming work is needed, not just a check. That smacks of over zealous selling. I would delve further and if it seems a scam confront the DP.

Reminds me of our BMW dealer phoning during a service and saying "we noticed your tracking needs checking and adjusting" and me telling them I'd had it done a week earlier. Embarrassing for them. BUT... then they phoned again and said we noticed your wheels could do with reconditioning... "s*d off!!"

I imagined the service manager that morning getting all the service staff together and saying "Right! We need an extra push to £30,000 of unnecessary work invoiced today or else. Jump to it you bast**ds!!
Last edited by DJMCUK on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:23 pm The Macan's in for its first service (24 months). All looking good on the video report the OPC sent me

They've suggested : Checking, modifying and clearing all drains. Bulkhead and Sunroof for any debris to prevent blockage or water ingress (£562)

My car's kept in a garage so whilst it obviously gets wet when it rains it should in theory accumulate too much debris, so my inclination is to pass, esp given the cost - however am mindful of the many postings here about how the pano roof drains can get blocked.

I assume the above isn't a crazy pov to take?

They've also suggested an air con service. It's working just fine so that's a definite no.

Thanks everyone.
£562 to check and clear drains!!!
What about check and no clearance necessary? £561?
It’s outrageous and an Indy would do it for £50… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

They know how to charge that's for sure! Anyway, thanks everyone for the answers I was guessing I'd get. Will confirm that it's a no. Cheers
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

BTW, checking the drains IS now a standard part of a service for Macans. Does that mean if they don't do it and your drains become blocked they are right in the frame to pay to sort it?