Post by FirstSeaLord »

Got it. Thanks everyone. All very useful
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

robbie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:09 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 pm Re Drains being included in the standard service

I can email them to see whether they are

Is there anything official anyone has that confirms that they are?
I think each OPC does their own things here, it is worth checking what is 'included' within your service, I checked with Tewkesbury OPC and they confirm that 'checking' drains is included as a standard job and is part of each and every service they carry out, BUT if they then find any drains blocked then they prepare a quote for your due consideration. He wouldn't tell me how much they charge to unblock a blocked drain but most defo this work is not included within your standard service. Also I was told that if 'they' cut the ends of the drain tubes off then that, you guessed it, invalidates your warranty sir :) :)
The OPC that I use is the same group that owns Tewkesbury - Dick Lovett. I have extended the warranty with them.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
andreas

Post by andreas »

Am I the only one here who's increasingly annoyed by the Porsche threats of warranty being invalidated by countless innocent acts? I've owned loads of high-end cars and I've never, ever, encountered such threatening behaviour with any other manufacturer.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:18 pm
robbie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:09 pm
FirstSeaLord wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 pm Re Drains being included in the standard service

I can email them to see whether they are

Is there anything official anyone has that confirms that they are?
I think each OPC does their own things here, it is worth checking what is 'included' within your service, I checked with Tewkesbury OPC and they confirm that 'checking' drains is included as a standard job and is part of each and every service they carry out, BUT if they then find any drains blocked then they prepare a quote for your due consideration. He wouldn't tell me how much they charge to unblock a blocked drain but most defo this work is not included within your standard service. Also I was told that if 'they' cut the ends of the drain tubes off then that, you guessed it, invalidates your warranty sir :) :)
The OPC that I use is the same group that owns Tewkesbury - Dick Lovett. I have extended the warranty with them.
@SAC1, you said earlier...
SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm
That's an outrageous charge. When I had the 2yr service done, they tried to charge me for "checking, cleaning and modification". I told I has not authorised this work. So the Service Manager backed down, removed the charge, but admitted that they now snip off the ends of the drain tubes as a matter of course.

I've booked in for the 4yr service in May. This time they want to charge £65 "to check the drain tubes are clear". As I do not park under trees and have had no issues, then I will be challenging this charge too.

Like you, I do not have the air-con serviced / recharged; it's working just fine.
So am I correct in saying you have been told by your Dick Lovett OPC they "snip the ends off as a matter of course" but robbie was told by Dick Lovett Tewkesbury that snipping the ends off invalidates the warranty?

Are Tewkesbury trying to get out of all warranty claims by snipping the ends off so as to invalidate the warranty?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ If in doubt, perhaps give OPC Bristol, Cardiff and / or Swindon a call or send them an email to gain clarity for yourself and any warranty implications. :!:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

I don’t get this, FirstSeaLord says the £560 odd charge was for the check/cleanand modifying of the tubes, post above says snipping tubes invalidates warranty so which is it? Seems like a free for all depending on what an OPC decides.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
GTB

Post by GTB »

Evening All,

Obviously since I bought my Macan, read with interest all the threads on drains, blockages, poor deisgn and problems people have had with inside of car getting wet etc.

My car is parked outside try not to park under trees, and with plenty of rain on west coast Scotland fingers crossed no issues. Im away from home just now, but im sure OPC checks drains when serviced (Will check when I get home).

What intrigues me, same as issue on rear wiper wash and connector failing. As an engineer my thoughts are. If Porsche designed the drain tubes with a moulded discharge point at end of the tube then that is their design. If its found that it cant drain away properly or gets silt/debris etc then its their design failure that did not allow for a totally "open" end to the drain tube so everything going down the tube gets washed away. If the tube has a restriction at the end, they should have fitted an accessible "Silt" trap that can be opened and cleaned out easily on a regular basis.

So to me its a latent design defect, i.e the drainage system isnt fit for purpose, it would be wrong to say or highlight system is only good when nothing other than water goes down the drain!!
Same as the rear wash system, the connector blowing off isnt fit for purpose, all should be warranty work, and not listening to excuses not to fix F.O.C.

I very seldom tell service advisors what I do for a living even service managers, let them Bulls**t me first then I say, do you know what I do, state some basic engineering facts back to them and ask if they wish to standby their statement and if so I will let my friends in trading standards look at it!!

Amazing how many times they then do a 180Deg turn.

I really do hate the nonsense they come out with at times, but they work on the % that few people will challenge them.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

GTB wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:59 pm Evening All,

Obviously since I bought my Macan, read with interest all the threads on drains, blockages, poor deisgn and problems people have had with inside of car getting wet etc.

My car is parked outside try not to park under trees, and with plenty of rain on west coast Scotland fingers crossed no issues. Im away from home just now, but im sure OPC checks drains when serviced (Will check when I get home).

What intrigues me, same as issue on rear wiper wash and connector failing. As an engineer my thoughts are. If Porsche designed the drain tubes with a moulded discharge point at end of the tube then that is their design. If its found that it cant drain away properly or gets silt/debris etc then its their design failure that did not allow for a totally "open" end to the drain tube so everything going down the tube gets washed away. If the tube has a restriction at the end, they should have fitted an accessible "Silt" trap that can be opened and cleaned out easily on a regular basis.

So to me its a latent design defect, i.e the drainage system isnt fit for purpose, it would be wrong to say or highlight system is only good when nothing other than water goes down the drain!!
Same as the rear wash system, the connector blowing off isnt fit for purpose, all should be warranty work, and not listening to excuses not to fix F.O.C.

I very seldom tell service advisors what I do for a living even service managers, let them Bulls**t me first then I say, do you know what I do, state some basic engineering facts back to them and ask if they wish to standby their statement and if so I will let my friends in trading standards look at it!!

Amazing how many times they then do a 180Deg turn.

I really do hate the nonsense they come out with at times, but they work on the % that few people will challenge them.

GTB
Absolutely agree GTB. The vast majority of staff at OPC's don't know a jot about what they are doing and are just string puppets trained to follow a process. The minute they come up against a problem involving somebody who will not fall for their lies and incompetence, they back down. Unfortunately it appears the majority of Porsche owners do fall for this bulls**t and, even worse, are willing to pay a premium or it!