Power steering plus

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Iceicebaby

Post by Iceicebaby »

I’ve enquired about a used Gen 3 GTS, the spec is ideal for me……apart from one thing, it doesn’t have power steering plus. Looking for some opinions on the power steering plus, is the steering really heavy when parking without it?

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I believe that power steering plus can be added if the car does not have it, it is only a software update. It certainly can be on a gen1 car, so I am presuming the same for gen3.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
SimonH146

Post by SimonH146 »

I don’t have it on my Gen2 Turbo and have not found the steering to be particularly heavy when manoeuvring at low speed.
Now - Macan Turbo (MY20), Mamba Green/High Gloss Black :D
Cancelled due to COVID redundancy :-( - Macan S, Silver
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

From what I have read, it is not possible to add the software updated onto a gen 3 Macan.

When I test drove a few cars before my purchase, I did not notice too much difference on the cars that had power steering plus to be honest, but there was certainly a little bit of difference.

I actually ended up purchasing a car with power steering plus, but that was not the reason for selecting the car.

HTH
Andrew
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Yep, it can't be retro fitted to Gen3 models.

It's not on my Gen3 GTS and wasn't on my Gen2 Turbo, and as above, I've never felt I needed it. Don't let it put you off buying a car that's otherwise ideal for you. Best of luck
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Iceicebaby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:29 pm I’ve enquired about a used Gen 3 GTS, the spec is ideal for me……apart from one thing, it doesn’t have power steering plus. Looking for some opinions on the power steering plus, is the steering really heavy when parking without it?
No, it’s perfectly fine. Mine doesn’t have it, and my partner has no problems parking it.

It has power steering, it’s not heavy.
GPRS1942

Post by GPRS1942 »

I included it on my Gen3 S as the wife found the steering heavy on the first two Macans probably due to her Volvo steering being light. She is definitely happy now .
December 2021 Macan S in Crayon
2015 Macan SD
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Don't have it on mine, got used to it pretty quickly. Wouldn't spec it if I was ordering a new one today.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Standard steering isn't heavy at all in my opinion. Wouldn't bother with PSS.

Some people think it's worth having though.

You need to test one with and one without so you can make the decision
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Our Gen 2 has it.
Driven two Gen 3 cars with and without it.
Without is fine unless any driver has very weak upper body strength.