Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
lizmoretti

Post by lizmoretti »

My Macan S insurance with Admiral was £600. But I've just sold it as my Land Rover Defender is being delivered next week. Insuring the new Land Rover was a concern as I keep hearing how many Range Rovers are very expensive/uninsurable so wondered if Defenders might be similar.

As it's only a few weeks from renewal, whilst changing over the vehicle on my policy, Admiral was showing me my renewal price. The Macan was going to go from £600 up to £2,300. Thankfully the Defender will be just under £800.

It seems Admiral have suddenly decided they don't like Macans?

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Admiral quoted £1565 last week for my 2023 S, and even after much comparing, no other company could beat my my Aviva renewal of £622.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Aviva are an awful company to deal with if you have a claim. Personal experience 2023. They paid out compensation for rudeness and other practical misdemeanours and delays.

Aviva also underwrite Quote Me Happy - another insurer I'd steer clear of personally because of this - but I do note QMH are no.2 in this Best Insurer league: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/insurance/ ... insurance/
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Hopefully, I won’t need to claim then, DJMCUK 🤞😁
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Aviva also underwrite Lockton Insurance through the owners club and I am told they are excellent during the claims process. Hoping that I wont need to validate that opinion for myself ;)

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Just renewed this minute with DirectLine, sub £400 with Cobb Accessport mod. LV were competitive too. Admiral wanted £1000

Used Admiral in the past, no claims, but every change incurred an admin fee and once when I enquired about potential cost of a performance mod they took the money without asking ASSUMING I'd made the change - and I hadn't!

Ergo personally not keen on Admiral
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

paulmac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm Aviva also underwrite Lockton Insurance through the owners club and I am told they are excellent during the claims process. Hoping that I wont need to validate that opinion for myself ;)

Paul
Just gone this route for the Boxster; anybody over 35 can drive it and self + wife can drive ANY car not owned by us fully Comp. Sub £300
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
crockers

Post by crockers »

Just had my NFU renewal through. £1400 for the S and Golf GTi. £900 is the S portion. 47% increase on last year. Tried Admiral and they wanted £1400 for the S 🤣🤣. Problem is once one of you hits 80 no one want your business.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Madelvic wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm
paulmac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm Aviva also underwrite Lockton Insurance through the owners club and I am told they are excellent during the claims process. Hoping that I wont need to validate that opinion for myself ;)

Paul
Just gone this route for the Boxster; anybody over 35 can drive it and self + wife can drive ANY car not owned by us fully Comp. Sub £300
I noticed in this morning's NFU renewal we can drive any car but NOT autonomous ones, described as "having the ability to self-drive. This is a new amendment. My wife's 2016 BMW X1 had "collision avoidance" which took over braking control on three occasions, slamming on the brakes hard enough to activate ABS. No danger on the road ahead, just the car's interpretation of danger. Luckily it didn't cause an accident.

Something to watch out for in your renewal terms. You might drive another car, thinking you're insured on your policy, then have an accident when that car turns out to have autonomous features which cause an accident. E.g. a Tesla drives through an HGV trailer.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

AllanG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm Hopefully, I won’t need to claim then, DJMCUK 🤞😁
That seems a flippant remark to make?

It does seem many insure with any old insurer to get cheap insurance rather than considering the insurer's claims record.

When we parked the BMW by the side of the holiday cottage, on private land owned by the estate, a mile off the highway, we didn't expect a Cat's Protection League van to arrive to catch some feral kittens. Nor did we expect the driver to walk past our BMW, parked behind it, and reverse into it as though it wasn't there.

Each to their own.