Do you want to drive a Macan on 31st Jan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
tartan terror

Post by tartan terror »

I know I'm reducing my chances of winning a place, however, if one of us gets to go there's more info for the forum...

On Friday, January 31, Porsche has agreed to fly 10 What Car? readers over to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany, where you'll be treated to a tour and lunch before a technical briefing and hands-on preview of the Macan.

All you need to do is give What Car a compelling reason why you've just got to be on that flight, be able to get yourself to London Heathrow airport and home again, and have a valid passport.

Rncombrinck

Post by Rncombrinck »

How was the Harrods event? Did you get any information when Porsche Guildford will have the launch?
tartan terror

Post by tartan terror »

How was the Harrods event? Did you get any information when Porsche Guildford will have the launch?

The Harrods Macan preview was really good. Had a sit inside. I particularly want to check the rear headroom and there is plenty. More room in the boot area than I envisaged from pictures.

No news from Guildford yet. Lisa is away until 28th Jan. so you might get news before I do.
Dealer allocation and some build dates seem to be out now. Pls. let me know if you hear anything.

Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

Thanks - just found this myself. Anyone else applying? You have to put down where you're travelling from so I suspect if you're close to London / Heathrow you have a better chance than us Northerners!
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

I have managed to get a place. I spotted this last night. I was informed this am that I was off on Friday. We're not allowed to drive the car. Porsche drivers will take us round. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to photograph (if allowed) or ask?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

Same here - coming down from Edinburgh night before for the 6am start. Looking forward to the Porsche museum and meeting up with any other forum members on the day.

Agree we probably won't be allowed to photo, more down to What Car I suspect.
Admin 2

Post by Admin 2 »

I'm pleased some enthusiasts on here have got a place then rather than some random readers along for the ride.

If it's like the other what car previews they normally interview you on camera and publish a video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4Kj1g2gQY&) - make sure you wear something smart Wink.

Should be a great day out.
fcooke

Post by fcooke »

I'm pleased some enthusiasts on here have got a place then rather than some random readers along for the ride.

If it's like the other what car previews they normally interview you on camera and publish a video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4Kj1g2gQY&) - make sure you wear something smart Wink.

Should be a great day out.

Will need to check wardrobe for something that flatters my wine & cheese gut then.......Confused
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

Please get some advise and recommendations on wheel sizes
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Parson - Is this in relation to a possible harsher ride on 21" wheels? When asking the question, we will probably need to state what sort of driving we do. What sort of roads do you drive most often?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18