Steel, PASM, Air + PASM

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Ok peeps.

Been bumped up the queue as I have ditched the pano roof and offered to take an early car. Spec needs to be decided by next week. I have sat I the car & will probably like it without driving it. But I am concerned about the suspension. I am going for 20' Spyder alloys, so have specked PASM. I was intending driving both the PASM and air + PASM before ordering, but this will not be an option if I take this early slot.

My dealer who has had two chaps come back from Porsche training on the Macan were only driving cars with the PASM + Air, no other cars were provided by Porsche to try the basic steel and PASM. I am sure the air + PASM is a great option, but I don't want to spend money if I don't need to. So who is ordering what for their wheels & suspension?

Thoughts.....
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!

pacmeoff

Post by pacmeoff »

I have ordered the 20" sportdesign wheels and went for PASM+Air, most of the reviews seem very positive above the Air option in regard to extra ride comfort.

I have been delayed by the Pano roof issue also, really wanted the pano roof to add light into the cabin but really want the car asap also.

My current car is going next week so the 6 week delay isn't great, delivery was expected at the end of April probably looking like June now.

goeasy

Post by goeasy »

I have ordered 21" wheels so seemed like a sensible (however expensive) insurance policy to go for the full monty .... Plus the slightly lower ride height with the Air should suit the Large wheels.

H
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

I have ordered 21" wheels so seemed like a sensible (however expensive) insurance policy to go for the full monty .... Plus the slightly lower ride height with the Air should suit the Large wheels. 

Exactly the same as mine, also that set up will look so nice.
Petrol S - Sold
Turbo PP - Sold
Next - 718 GT4?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Also opted for 21" with air, wouldn't want to spend all that money and then wished or thought should have gone for air. Also the car rides 15mm lower on air and with 21" wheels tucked away in the arches should look awesome, plus with air you can jack it up 40mm as required.
David B

Post by David B »

Does anyone know how the three PASM settings relate to the steel setting? I.e. is the Comfort/Normal setting the same as or softer than steel springs?

When I spec'd my Boxster (albeit 7 yrs ago) I didn't go for PASM as, as the time, Normal was too soft and Sport was only fit for track days!

Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

I am thinking of going Air/PASM now. I was settled on steel but I am wavering now after reading all your comments. I have gone for 20" Alloys because in my opinion, they look balanced and suit the size of the car. That takes my diesel well past the 55K mark. Ah well, no pockets in shrouds as they say. Bless you all.
Chris s

Post by Chris s »

I need to try the car before I decide. But am only looking at PASM. I had air in a Q7, and never really used it.

With PASM will only spec it if the car does not stay level on corners etc.. without it.

Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

I just hope that I get the chance to try different set ups before my spec. deadline in April for my building slot in May.
PhilK

Post by PhilK »

I finally opted for 19 inch Macan Turbo wheels plus PASM at the point on locking down the spec. I didn't want to risk 20 inch wheels without Air Suspension and, also, didn't want to unnecessarily spend money on Air either.
Porsche Macan Diesel S