Post by Tall Phil »

"That will be £10 for the oil and £21.32 for the wash"
American Express, that will do nicely.....LOL
GTS \o/ - sold :(

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Diesel car, Oil request 9120m, added the 1 Litre Mobil 1,
ESP Formula, 5w-30 Fully synthetic as given to me on delivery by OPC. Checked
oil level display this morning all correct.

Over last few days also noticed a slightly oily / rubbery
smell, roads wet plus rain on all occasions, final driveway to rear of house a bit muddy slippery though
will monitor it now after posts, though don't recall smelling it after 2nd last
road journey which was dryer.

What Oils are people adding? OPC gave me Mobil 1. Tongue

ricksta68

Post by ricksta68 »

Been noticing the clutch slip problem as well...
I park on the street (I know, shock horror, right?) - and when i pull away in the morning under cold conditions, with full wheel lock to get out of my spot, I notice that I need to give it quite a lot of gas before the car wants to move. Meanwhile, the engine is revving away, and I can just feel my poor clutch being ground to a pulp. The problem seems to lessen when I straighten up the wheel...
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Been noticing the clutch slip problem as well...
I park on the street (I know, shock horror, right?) - and when i pull away in the morning under cold conditions, with full wheel lock to get out of my spot, I notice that I need to give it quite a lot of gas before the car wants to move. Meanwhile, the engine is revving away, and I can just feel my poor clutch being ground to a pulp. The problem seems to lessen when I straighten up the wheel...

I wonder which clutch... The locking rear diff? centre diff? one of the pdk clutches? if it's dependent on steering angle, it might be some 'cleverness' happening with the transfer clutches.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Never had any clutch slip or burning smells with either of my Macans. Never had to put a drop of oil in either although first Macan had only done 7,500 miles before I sold and current Macan only on 5,500 miles.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

Believe it or not, Halfords sell the Porsche preferred Mobil 1 C30. And touch wood, the level seems to have, errr, levelled off. . I'm now at 14k.

The clutch thing; tends to spin more when the engine is cold. Maybe when the oil is at its thickest? Doesn't do it for long, and seems to be more prevalent when cold AND feathering it.
The burning rubber smell seems to occur only when it's wet and not all the time...?
Cheers
Emptygroves

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG7WGNP8
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

Ok. So now I think it is time to bring up the hot rubbery smell with the dealer next time I'm in there.

Nothing for a while and then today the smell is back. Suspect it is the regeneration cycle as it corresponded with an economy drive home from work. Not wet, not electrically burdened and certainly not overcharged with black stuff as the weekend consisted of towing the van, and quite decent motorway sprints since then. However after a fairly short 50 miles of very light duty driving I noticed that the oil was warmer than usual for that kind of drive (100 degree) and then once I got back the tick over was at the temperature increasing rate of 800rpm, not the usual 600 rpm. And then when I got out there was the smell. I have no real concern per se, but I was under the impression that system initiated burns occurred when exhaust pressures determine that the exhaust is filling with rubbish. My usual driving style and route does not encourage this kind of build up.
Any one else?
Cheers
Emptygroves

Paul

Post by Paul »

Not noticed it on mine, but what you describe certainly sounds like a partial dpf purge. Don't thinks its pressure that triggers it, some sensor measures soot build up and heats the element up sufficiently to burn off. As you say, higher revs at tickover are a clue but I thought you also got a warning message light on aswell? Or is than when the cycle hadn't finished and you switch the car off?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Spud

Post by Spud »

empty groves, think I've mentioned before I used to get this quite often on my XFs and it was exactly as Paul said the cycle had not been completed, Jag always said it was normal ?
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

Hmm. Not noticed any warning messages-I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the infotainment that the MFD can supply. Might have to refer to the handbook.
Cheers
Emptygroves