Tyre Pressure Monitor

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Does anyone know how accurate the Tyre Pressure Monitor on the Macan is?
Also, is there a way to change the read-out from bar to psi ?

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Accurate to a tenth of a PSI.. or did you mean reliable?
And yes, there is a way to change it (under the menu in Vehicle in MFD).
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I had these sensors on my BMW - my OCD drove me insane trying to get them all to match as most hand held gauges are only accurate to 0.5psi. The TPMS only works after you've started driving so it was a constant game.

And of course once you start driving they all change at different rates anyway!

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I just like it to indicate that I do NOT have a puncture - not really too bothered if they are not that accurate. How accurate is any gauge? (forecourt / footpump)
SPL

Post by SPL »

I had these sensors on my BMW - my OCD drove me insane trying to get them all to match as most hand held gauges are only accurate to 0.5psi. The TPMS only works after you've started driving so it was a constant game.

S

My OCD was going round the bend so changed to Bar. 21" Classics Fronts at 2.1 and rears at 2.3 (when cold) they so increase by .1 now and again and sometimes just one but I can't be too OCD... ShockedEmbarrassed
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

S

My OCD was going round the bend so changed to Bar. 21" Classics Fronts at 2.1 and rears at 2.3 (when cold) they so increase by .1 now and again and sometimes just one but I can't be too OCD... ShockedEmbarrassed

Did you notice that the right hand pressures increase on a left hand bend and vice versa?
SPL

Post by SPL »

S

My OCD was going round the bend so changed to Bar. 21" Classics Fronts at 2.1 and rears at 2.3 (when cold) they so increase by .1 now and again and sometimes just one but I can't be too OCD... ShockedEmbarrassed

Did you notice that the right hand pressures increase on a left hand bend and vice versa?

Shocked Oh don't tell me that. LOL
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
Parson911

Post by Parson911 »

S

My OCD was going round the bend so changed to Bar. 21" Classics Fronts at 2.1 and rears at 2.3 (when cold) they so increase by .1 now and again and sometimes just one but I can't be too OCD... ShockedEmbarrassed

Shocked Oh don't tell me that. LOL

True! Especially on hairpin bends.... Downhill! so did my blood pressure!
Paul

Post by Paul »

...and always park the car facing into the sun....no uneven warming up of one side to take into consideration then
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
goron59

Post by goron59 »

And remember that the nearside part of any road has a steeper camber and generally is in poorer condition so that may increase temperature and so pressure.

Seriously though, if it's way off the mark, you'll get a warning anyway, so it's best not to look. If you're doing a long trip pre-check, you should check them with a gauge when parked up.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR