Porsche car connect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

Trying to get ready for my delivery in 2-3 weeks!

I've gone for PCC plus, but am unsure as to what I am actually getting and the subscriptions required!

For remote services, I believe I can locate it, sound horn, flash lights and see trip data. Is there a free period for this? and then a recurring fee of £100 thereafter? Also what does the car need for this service - permanent SIM in the car?

Security tracking and safety service - again does this need a permanent SIM in the car? and I believe there is now no free period, cost is £200+ per annum?

PVTS - this separate from above and have already declined.

Can you use the PCC from your phone when connected or do I need a separate data subscription to use traffic info, google maps, music streaming etc? I see that PCC uses Napster and that requires a separate subscription. Not sure of Apple Car Paly still uses Spotify?

Please correct me where I am wrong...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH82JNR8
Expected build in March 2016

Paul

Post by Paul »

Can't help much with the new PCM but I think Sim cards etc are only relevant for connect and/or connect plus.
On my ( previous) version of the PCM, the tracker / remote services etc were totally independant. I got 6 months free of all 3 services but elected not to renew ( from memory £299 per annum, but I could be wrong) Whilst I had none of the reported tracker false alarms, my insurance wasn't concered either way, and the novelty of folding the mirrors in remotely does wear off after a bit!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

Just found this:

Porsche Car Connect
Service prices for United Kingdom on 2016/03/02
Some of the following services may be provided free of charge, depending on your country. You can then subscribe or extend the service agreement via this web portal.
Service12 months24 months
Package : Safety Services+ Remote Services+ Security Services266 £476 £
Package : Safety Services+ Security Services235 £450 £
Remote Services99 £180 £
Close
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

Think I will go for the complete package for one year and when the novelty has worn off, cancel...
Question remaining is do I need a separate SIM Data card..
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Takes the p1ss when BMW offer the same for the lifetime of the car, with map updates over the built-in 4G card.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you do I would expect it to be supplied by PCC

It is a Vodafone product so expect what you will from them, just keep a close watch on bills.

Vodafone seem to have been in a mess for a few months with their billing system
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

Trying to get ready for my delivery in 2-3 weeks!

I've gone for PCC plus, but am unsure as to what I am actually getting and the subscriptions required!

For remote services, I believe I can locate it, sound horn, flash lights and see trip data. Is there a free period for this? and then a recurring fee of £100 thereafter? Also what does the car need for this service - permanent SIM in the car?

Security tracking and safety service - again does this need a permanent SIM in the car? and I believe there is now no free period, cost is £200+ per annum?

PVTS - this separate from above and have already declined.

Can you use the PCC from your phone when connected or do I need a separate data subscription to use traffic info, google maps, music streaming etc? I see that PCC uses Napster and that requires a separate subscription. Not sure of Apple Car Paly still uses Spotify?

Please correct me where I am wrong...

Ok...so I think you may be confusing a number of Porsche services. And it's not your fault...they have picked very similar sounding names for services that are different from one another. Caveat: I may also be wrong on some of these...so someone please correct me! As I am not yet a Macan owner for another week or so!

1/ Porsche Car Connect
This is a service which allows you to control your car (e.g. fold the mirrors) remotely or access data from your car (e.g. trip info) via phone or Apple watch. You don't need a SIM car for this.
You can also use it to access the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (separate contract)

2/ Connect
Apple CarPlay.
Telephone module (you can use a SIM...but can also just bluetooth connect your phone for handsfree)

3/ Connect Plus
Optional module that augments online navigation with internet enabled real-time traffic and Google earth and Streetview. I think you have option to either insert standard SIM or tether your phone for data to use these...

4/ Porsche Connect App
For searching for destinations prior to travel and transferring them to the PCM. Also appears to have music services and calendar functionality to sync with the PCM. Am not 100% sure what this does that can't just be done with your phone. I guess it might come in handy for Android users who can't use CarPlay(?)

They are all listed here with some demo videos. Some of the description are a bit vague though!
http://www.porsche.com/uk/connect/connectplus/

ToyMachine2016-03-02 16:10:49
Macan Turbo http://www.porsche-code.com/PH3216Z1
Guy

Post by Guy »

Whilst on the subject, I think that the mirror-folding functionality disappeared from my PCC app a couple of weeks ago - anyone else noticed this?
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

sounds about right more £ for less Wink

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

ToyMacine
Perhaps just the way I worded it.
With PCC, what is your mobile app talking to in the car? that's why I wondered if you need a SIM?

Connect Plus - be good if we can use our own phone rather than buying a separate Data SIMM card along with a contract, to be confirmed, yes?

A lot of the info on the Porseche website and also my SE is vague!