Porsche car connect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

Wing Commander, aka Simon

Being serious for a moment, you will miss out on Apple Car Play with voice control, text messages are read out. Connect Plus offers wireless internet access (don't have kids in your car!) real time traffic info, google earth and street view.

Then there is the remote app, security tracking and safety features
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH82JNR8
Expected build in March 2016

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

... and £300 a year to activate and access the services?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Guy

Post by Guy »

Whilst on the subject, I think that the mirror-folding functionality disappeared from my PCC app a couple of weeks ago - anyone else noticed this?

It turns out that 'mirror folding' has only disappear from my mobile - an aging iPhone4 running IOS7. My wife's iPhone5c running IOS9 still has the functionality. Time for a new phone Wink
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

NO WAY
My car may have the capabilities but the sim card and subscription would certainly not be active, that's what 4g is for on the mobile phone
Have you not read about hackers controlling Chrysler cars?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Guy

Post by Guy »

NO WAY
My car may have the capabilities but the sim card and subscription would certainly not be active, that's what 4g is for on the mobile phone
Have you not read about hackers controlling Chrysler cars?

I may have missed something, but to what are you referring with the 'NO WAY'? Any connectivity?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Yes Guy
Any direct connection between a car and the www internet must have inherent risks of being hacked.
What next a Kaspersky subscription to maintain the security of the cars on-board computer?
No thanks I'll pass
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hmmm. I'm guessing you don't do internet banking, either!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hey Col, when was the last time you checked your OBDII port? Somebody might have plugged in a wifi/bluetooth dongle and remotely hacks your vehicle!

And don't forget that carefully formatted packets of data over RDS can take over your car too.

And don't even get me started with the radar sensors and the parking cameras the receive instructions from QR codes painted on the roads.

Big smile

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
goron59

Post by goron59 »

If you have speed limit cameras on an SD and it sees a speed limit sign of 33mph it empties the AdBlue tank (basically pisses itself).

I might have made that up. But how cool would that be for a hack?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

After playing I see the 'Master' phone number has more functions when using the App such as horn, lights, speed limit and ring fence notification.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2